Water Development Commission
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
One WaSH National Program CWA-Phase II
Credit No. IDA-64450
Assignment Title: Carry out Multi years Independent procurement audit service: FY2019/2020-2020/2021 and 2021/22 (EFY 2012-2013 and 2014).
Reference No. ET-WDC-154063-CS-QCBS
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of One WaSH National Program (One WASH CWA – Phase II) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: a review of procurement planning, processing, contracting, and contract administration/implementation processes for all contracts under the CWA-One WaSH National Program.
The procurement auditor review the documentations kept by all implementing agencies namely WDC, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Finance at the federal level and Bureau of Water, Bureau of Education, Bureau of Finance in all project implementing regions and program Woredas, to confirm their consistency with the Financing Agreement, Project Appraisal Document (PAD), approved procurement plan, and Project Operation Manual (POM) and in accordance with the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers”, dated July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (Procurement Regulation). The Consultant is required to perform an independent audit for the two fiscal years FY2019/2020-2020/2021 and 2021/22- (EFY 2012-2013 and 2014) with an estimated implementation period of 3 months per year respectively
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the procurement audit is to enable the Consultant to express a professional opinion(s) on the procurement planning, processes and procedures and contract administration related to World Bank Procurement Regulation for the procurement transactions carried out in the years 2020/21 and 2021/22. The implementing agencies at all levels will maintain and share adequate records, internal controls and should have to support documentation for procurement transactions. To achieve this objective, the Consultant carries out, at least the following main tasks,
- Review the planning, procurement processing, contracting and contract administration, implementation processes, and record keeping for a sample of contracts under the One WaSH National Program (OWNP-CWA) phase II to confirm their consistency with the Project Appraisal Document (PAD), Program Operation Manual (POM) version September 2019, World Bank’s Procurement Regulation for IPF Borrowers.
- Seek a professional opinion on compliance by the procurement processes with the core procurement principle of economy, efficiency, equal opportunities, transparency and verify technical compliance, physical completion and reasonableness of the price of each contract in the selected a representative sample of contracts;
- Review the capacity of implementing agencies (Federal, Regions and Woredas) in handling procurement efficiently, comment on the quality of planning, procurement processing, contracting and contract administration, procurement internal control, record keeping and identify reasons for delays, if any and overall, how procurement management facilitates project implementation;
- Identify any indicators of questionable standards of ethics in the procurement management and oversight environment that make the processes vulnerable to fraud and corruption or collusive and obstructive practices, and report any suspicious cases; and
- To recommend actions needed to improve project procurement performance in light of deficiencies.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- The Independent Procurement Audit (IPA) will cover the procurement transactions carried out in FY2019/2020 2020/2021 and 2021/22- (EFY 20122013 and 2014)).
- The sample Woredas will be selected by the consulting firm in consultation with each relevant region in order to ensure a broad representation of woredas in the sample. The number of woredas to be selected in each region based on the number of Woredas in each Region is described as follows:
- The total number of contracts to be audited at the Federal, Regions and Woredas are estimated to be at least 30% (thirty percent) of total signed and completed post review contracts (However, the Consultant shall carry out his own assessment to arrive at the actual number of contracts to be audited.
The total duration of the service is 7 months (4 months for EFY 2012 and 2013, and 3 months for EFY 2014). The Water Development Commission now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are; Core business and years in business, qualification and relevant experience of the firm in the field of assignment, technical and managerial capabilities of the firm, and information on general qualification and number of key staff but not individual experts’ biodata.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulation.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) on or before 29th January 2021 4:00 pm.
Attn: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed
Haile Gebresilassie Avenue 1st floor, Room Number 35
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Water Development Commission