The Ministry of Women, Children and Youth in collaboration with UNFPA and Consortium of Reproductive Health Associations (CORHA) has planned to conduct a national level assessment on the National Youth Policy of Ethiopia launched in 2004
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY CONDUCT
ASSESSMENT ON IMPLEMENTATION OF YOUTH POLICY
The Ministry of Women, Children, and Youth in collaboration with UNFPA and Consortium of Reproductive Health Associations (CORHA) have planned to conduct a national level assessment on the National Youth Policy of Ethiopia launched in 2004.
To this end, the ministry and its partners would like to invite interested, competent and eligible consultants to apply for the consultancy service to undertake National Assessment on the implementation of the Youth Policy of Ethiopia. Interested consultants can download TOR from CORHA’s website WWW.corhaethiopia.org
The overall objective of the study/ assessment is to assess the status of the implementation of the national youth policy of Ethiopia, aiming to provide comprehensive evidence and pictures.
Specific objectives of the report include:
- Assess the implementation of youth policy in terms of the basic principles of the policy, major policy issues, implementation strategies, accountability & responsibilities of various sectors, participation and partnership in support of the policy objectives.
- Investigate how the youth policy created favorable situations for youth mainstreaming and integration of youth issues and engage young people across policy initiatives and operations
- Identify the practical challenges of the youth policy from the socio-economic and political participation perspectives
- Recommend policy directions for future
Expected Results (Deliverables)
The consultancy firm/consultant is expected to produce the following deliverables:
- Technical proposal with a detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones and financial proposal
- Inception report
- Data collection tools
- Collected data both on quantitative and qualitative in hard and soft copies
- Draft and final study reports submitted to the Ministry and its partners
Required Qualifications and Skills
A minimum of Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Economics, Sociology/Social works, Public Health, Population studies or related social science fields is required to undertake the assessment. Furthermore, the team of consultants should also meet the following experiences and skills:
- Proven experience in undertaking various researches with minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Highly knowledgeable of youth related policies, strategies, programs and youth development packages of the country
- Ability to produce well written, analytical reports
- Demonstrated understanding of working with government and development partners
Legally registered firm with a renewed license for the service with VAT and TIN Registration certificate
Interested consultants/consultancy firms satisfying the required qualification and skills are invited to submit technical and financial proposals to MOWCY and CORHA through the following email addresses only in soft copies.