REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST-CONSULTING FIRMS FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA INDUSTRIAL PARKS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (IPDC) COMPETITIVENESS & JOB CREATION PROJECT (CJCP)
PROJECT ID: P143302 Credit No: IDA 6263-ET
Procurement Ref No.: ET-IPDC-162119-CS-QCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) the World Bank towards the cost of implementation of the Competitiveness & Job Creation Project (CJCP). The Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC) – an implementing agency, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the Consultancy Services of “Training and Enhancing Productivity of SMEs”
Objectives of the assignment:
The main objective of this TA program is to enhance business transactions between local SMEs and FDI firms within Bole Lemi IP and other IPs. The selected service provider will work closely with selected TA beneficiaries (SMEs) to deliver training at management, supervisor and operator level, and provide TA to enhance SME productivity. The TA support to SMEs under this ToR will be closely coordinated with the two other service providers outlined above (for marketing and compliance TA).
Scope of the assignment:
The Service provider will provide the needed TA support to selected beneficiary SMEs approved by IPDC/CJCP in a bid to provide Training for SMEs at Management, Supervisor and operator level and Enhancing SMEs Productivity to carry out the activities under the technical assistance support.
Specific Intervention areas:
Service provider will support the following intervention of the Technical Assistance areas:
i. Training for SMEs at Management, Supervisor and operator level
- Carry out Training Needs Assessment (TNA) and skill gaps analysis for Management, Supervisory staff and operators of the selected TA beneficiaries (SMEs)
- Design training curriculum for each category of skill gap
- Develop Training work plan based on the training needs assessment and skills gap.
- Prepare training modules/handouts. The Managerial training/ development topics may include, among others; Business Planning, Strategic Planning, Entrepreneurial Training, TQM, Kaizen, Customer Relationship ManagementNegotiation skills, Decision making, Marketing/Merchandising, Training on improving Modern Information Systems, Financial Managements, Changing the mindsets of Top Managers & changing the way business is done in the company, and others (based on the needs assessment).
Develop SME Supervisory and operators level Training work plan, based on the training needs assessment and skills gap. Training modules/Handouts for each SMEs. Training topics may include, among others; Enhancing Productivity, Quality, coaching skills for operators, Supervisory Skills, Communication Skills, Team work, attitude change, Motivation and Technical training
- Implement training work plan by providing selected trainings to the beneficiary SMEs.
- Develop training Evaluation framework to evaluate the training process, output and impact of the training
- Conduct timely assessment on the training based on the developed framework.
ii. Enhancing SMEs Productivity
- Analyze and identify the Productivity improvement requirements of SMEs
- Design suitable productivity improvement strategy based on the identified gaps of the SMEs
- Consultation and provision of technical support to implement productivity improvement packages for SMEs.
- Conduct pre certification audit based on the identified standard requirements and initiate and implement appropriate corrective actions to fill the identified productivity gaps
- Develop Evaluation framework to evaluate the implementation of productivity improvement.
- Conduct timely assessment on the process and the output on the productivity improvement based on the developed framework.
Duration of the assignment is 10 Calendar Months.
The following criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents;
- Core Business and Years in Business. The Firm should have been in Core business for at least 5 years;
- Specific Experience on training service of SMEs and experience in similar conditions. The consultant shall also have executed at least 3 contracts of similar nature and size;
- Technical Capability and Managerial Organization of the Firm; and
- General Qualifications and number of Key Staff as well as availability of appropriate skills among staff necessary for successful implementation of the assignment (no need to provide CVs at this stage).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Service Providers may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish.
Service Provider firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of
Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines” through a Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).
Further information can be obtained at the address below from 09:00 A.M
to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 PM to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays during working days and office hours.
Expression of Interest along with documentary Evidences can be sent through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to e-mail: email@example.com or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the Consultancy Service for “Training and Enhancing Productivity of SMEs”, Procurement Package Reference No.: ET-IPDC-162119-CS-QCBS on or before April 06, 2020 up to 5:00 P.M. Addis Ababa Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation, Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite to Kenyan Embassy, Bishan-Gari Building, 3rd Floor,
Room Nº 307, Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA.