REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
- (CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRM SELECTION)
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Name of Project: Livestock and Fisheries Sector Development Project (LFSDP p159382) Credit No.: 6165-ET
- PRN: ET-MOLF-160178-CS-QCBS
Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for Contract Supervision and Design Review of Holeta Bull dam Farm Upgrading
- The FDRE Ministry of Agriculture has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Livestock and Fisheries Sector Development Project (LFSDP p159382), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
- The objective of the assignment is to deliver engineering expert service in supervision of pre-construction, construction and postconstruction phase of the project. The service shall ensure the suitability/accuracy of quality construction and transparent project execution, shall mitigate/resolve probable technical problems associated with the project and hence accelerate project execution, ensure technically sound project implementation and contract administration. The work may also include preparation of new design and specification if modification or improvement is required to the existing design as well as if it is incomplete.
- The consultancy Services scope includes two major components: i. Contract administration and construction supervision of Holeta Bull-dam Farm Upgrading works and ii. Design review of the existing and conducting a modification if required.
- The FDRE Ministry of Agriculture now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (Core business and years in business, qualification and experience in the field of assignment, organizational and managerial capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of key staff but not individual experts’ bio data etc.). The following criteria will also be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents; – Eligibility – General Experience in study and contract supervision of different consultancy services Specific Experience in Study and contract administration and supervision of different consultancy services and financing frame work documents Company establishment, availability of appropriate skills
- Consultants may associate with other firms in theform of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers 1 dated January 2011 and revised July 2016 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS). method is used….
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays.
- Expression of Interest must be delivered in two (2) hard copies to the address below (in person, or by | mail) on or before August 6, 2019. Interested Consultants can obtain further information or TOR document for further reference from Ministry of Agriculture, Procurement Directorate during office hours at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays. Expressions of interest (including all relevant documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person by April 6/2020 on or before 4:30pm
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Procurement Directorate
Street Address: CMC Road, behind Ethiopian Geological Survey
Floor/ Room number: Block B; 1st Floor, Room
number 1-2, Tel: +251 0116462285 Addis Ababa