REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- CONSULTING FIRMS FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA INDUSTRIAL PARKS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (IPDC) COMPETITIVENESS & JOB CREATION PROJECT (CJCP)
PROJECT ID: P143302 Credit No: IDA 6263-ET Procurement Ref No.: ET-IPDC-162127-CS-OCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) the World Bank towards the cost of implementation of the Competitiveness & Job Creation Project (CJCP). The Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC) – an implementing agency, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the “Consultancy Services of Technical Assistance |(TA) Service Provider assisting in SME TA program promotion, preparation of Technical Assistance Plans (TAPs) for SMEs, supporting SME marketing needs, enhancing B2B linkages of SMEs with FDI firms in IPs, identifying and facilitating exposure visits to learn on how to enhance B2B market linkages”.
Objectives of the assignment: The main objective of this TA program is to enhance business transactions between local SMEs and FDI firms within Bole Lemi IP and other IPs. The selected service provider will work closely with selected TA beneficiaries (SMEs) by assisting with TA program promotion, preparation of Technical Assistance Plans (TAPs) for SMEs, supporting SME marketing needs, enhancing B2B linkages of SMEs with FDI firms in IPs, identifying and facilitating exposure visits to learn on how to enhance B2B market linkages. The TA support to SMEs under this ToR will be closely coordinated with the two other service provider i.e. (TA for meeting Compliance requirement (Social/ Environmental), Firm Nomination land certification and TA for Training, Productivity enhancement for SMEs and System Development). Scope of the assignment: The Service provider will provide the needed TA support to IPDC/CJCP and directly to selected SMEs approved by IPDC/CJCP in a bid to provide TA program promotion, assisting in preparation of Technical Assistance Plans, strengthening SME marketing capacity and enhancing B2B linkages of SMEs with FDI firms in IPs, identifying and facilitating exposure visits to learn on how to enhance B2B market linkages to carry out the activities under the technical assistance support. Specific Intervention areas: Service provider will support the following intervention areas: •Arrange and facilitate Marketing Promotion for the TA program through integrated different promotionvehicles (e.g. TV, social media, radio, newspapers, partnerships, direct marketing, etc.) by considering the local SMEs environment.
- Conduct SME level TA needs assessment which identifies gaps that should be supported through the TA program (across the three areas outlined above)
- Assist in the preparation of Technical Assistance Plans (TAP) of shortlisted applicant firms based on the identified gaps such as Training & Productivity gaps, Marketing gaps and Compliance and system requirements Develop Marketing plan for the selected TA beneficiaries (SMEs)
- Assist in developing Marketing Materials including professional brochure for selected SMEs
- Assist in implementing Marketing plan by providing selected trainings to the beneficiary SMEs
- Identify and facilitate exposure visits for selected SMEs to enhance B2B market linkages
- Assist in creating Sales between selected SMEs with FDI firms as per Sales target defined in Technical Assistance Plan(TAPs) of SMEs with FDI firms in IPs Organize at least three B2B Events/Exhibitions
- Assist the PIU in organizing outreach programs to promote the TA in IP in regions
Duration of the assignment is 10 Calendar Months.
The following criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents;
- Core Business and Years in Business. The Firm should have been in core business for at least 5 years;
- Specific Experience on training service of SMEs and experience in similar conditions. The consultant shall also have executed at least 3 contracts of similar nature and size;
- Must have broader SME TA program capacity to be able to support SMEs in preparing their Technical Assistance Plans (TAPs).
- Technical Capability and Managerial Organization of the Firm; and General Qualifications and number of Key Staff as well as availability of appropriate skills among staff necessary for successful implementation of the assignment (no need to provide CVs at this stage)
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Service Providers may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish. Service Provider firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines” through a Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).
- Further information can be obtained at the address below from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays during working days and office hours.
- Expression of Interest along with documentary Evidences can be sent through e-mail: tesscjc@ yahoo.com with a copy to e-mail: nejmeddin@gmail. com or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the Consultancy Service for “Consultancy Services of TA Service Provider assisting in TA program promotion, preparation of Technical Assistance Plans for SMEs, supporting SME marketing needs, enhancing B2B linkages of SMEs with FDI firms in IPs, identifying and facilitating exposure visits to learn on how to enhance B2B market linkages”, Procurement Package Reference No.: ET-IPDC-162127-CS-QCBS on or before April 06, 2020 up to 5:00 P.M. Addis Ababa Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation, Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite to Kenya Embassy, BishanGari Building, 3rd Floor, Room No 307, Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA.”