The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation invites suitably qualified bidders to submit sealed bids for Upper Guder Fatol Dam & Appurtenant Structures Construction Project.
Notice of Invitation to Bid
- The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation (ECWC) has allocated sufficient budget to be used for the Procurement of Sub-contract Works described in No. 2 below.
- The Project is named as Upper Guder Fatol Dam & Appurtenant Structures Construction Project. The Dam type is rock fill dam, reservoir capacity 57.71 million cubic meter, net command area 4947ha, crest length 277metre, dam height 40metre, intake tower height 45metre, spill way type morning shaft spillway and spillway design discharge 45.49 meter cube. The project is entirely located in Oromia Regional State, which lies in West Shoa Zone. It is located at a distance of about 150km from Addis Ababa and 26km from Ambo.
- The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation now invites suitably qualified bidders to submit sealed bids for Sub Contract work described in No. 2 above.
- Participation is open to all interested national and international eligible bidders and all which have proven professional capabilities in construction earthwork and structure activities.
- Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence; a. In the case of Ethiopian bidders, Certificate of Registration froin Ministry of Construction with Category GC-1 and above renewed for 2012 E.C. and other appropriate documentary evidences demonstrating the bidder’s compliance, which shall include: – i. Trading License renewed for 2012 E.C; and ii. Tax Clearance Certificate, which states that the bidder can participate in any public tender, valid at bidding date and VAT Registration Certificate, and b. In case of bidders other than Ethiopians; business organization registration certificate or Trade License issued by the country of establishment.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures as specified and defined in the Bidding Document.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Foreign Procurement Team of ECWC at Old Building, P. O. Box 21952/1000 Tel +251 118 962991 and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:30 A. M. to 12:30 P. M. and 1:30 P. M. to 5:30 P. M. From Monday to Thursday and 8:30 A.M. to 11:30 AM. and 1:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. on Fridays and 8:30 A. M. to 12:30 P. M on Saturdays from the date of bid notice.
- A complete set of bidding document prepared in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and presentation of valid Trade License to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of Birr 1000.00 (Birr One Thousand) effective as of this invitation notice is published on the Ethiopian Herald Newspaper. The method of payment will be in cash.
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of Birr 500,000.00 (Birr Five hundred thousand). Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened.
- Bidders shall submit two envelopes, “Qualification Application & Bid Security” in one envelope and “Financial Bid” separately in another envelope and should be sealed in an outer envelope and deposit it in the Tender Box available in the Procurement Department of the Corporation, Old Building Block No-l on or before May, 14/2020 G.C at 10:00 AM and the Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages, Qualification Application first and Financial Bids of qualified bidders next.
- Qualification Application and Bid security of the bidders will be opened on May 14/2020 G.C at 10:30 A. M at ECWC, Procurement Department Room in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on the Bid opening date.
- The Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation Tel:- +251-118-96 29 91 P.O. Box: – 21952/1000 Address: – ECWC at Gurd Shola, In front of Andinet International School Addis Ababa, Ethiopia