Millennium DPI Partners, under the Feteh (Justice)Activity in Ethiopia (USAID) is seeking grant applications from Ethiopian civil society not-for-profit and for-profit organizations (CSOs) and media to improve citizen engagement regarding proposed changes to the country’s legal and judicial framework.
Request for Grant Applications
Support Civil Society Organizations and Media to improve Citizen Engagement in the Judicial and Legal reforms in Ethiopia
Millennium DPI Partners, under the Feteh (Justice)Activity in Ethiopia (USAID Task Order No. 72066319F00001), is seeking grant applications from Ethiopian civil society not-for-profit and for-profit organizations (CSOs) and media to improve citizen engagement regarding proposed changes to the country’s legal and judicial framework.
Fetehisatwo-year activity funded by USAID/Ethiopia to provide flexible, rapid response technical assistance to the Attorney General’s Office (AGO), the AGO’s Advisory Council, the Federal Supreme Court of Ethiopia (FSCE), appropriate committees in the House of People’s Representatives (HOPR), and/or other related government institutions in the process of legal and judicial reforms. Feteh’s objectives include supporting the ability of CSOs and the media to engage the AGO and FSCE on legal and judicial forms.
Pursuant to this objective, Fetehisseeking applications from CSO sand the media in the following areas:
- Monitor the development of new federal legislation to ensure they properly address the rights of women, youth and persons with disabilities (PWD)
- Provide training on the judicial review of administrative acts to CSOs, practicing lawyers and private citizens
- Provide training to journalists on the principles, guidelines and quality of reporting on court cases
- Produce and broadcast TV/radio programs and public service notices on the new CSO Code of Conduct
- Produce and broadcast TV/radio programs on judicial ethics and transparency
Request for Applications (RFA) Documents:
CSOs and media organizations interested to apply may request the RFA file through Feteh’s dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Potential applicants will receive the soft copy of the RFA via email within two (2) working days from their request. Those applicants who wish to obtain a hard copy of the RFA may request it in writing to the above-mentioned email address and arrange an appointment at Feteh’s office located in Kazanchis, Intercontinental Addis Building, 7th floor, Addis Ababa.
To be eligible for selection, a proposal must be:
- Timely received from the applicant;
- Properly signed by the applicant;
- Complete with all required sections including corporate credentials, management proposal, technical proposal, and financial/cost proposal.
Timetable and Bid Closing Date:
Applicants shall submit a proposal on or before Friday, May 15,2020,4: 00 p.m. local Addis Ababa time. Proposal submissions received after that time and date will not be considered. Applicants are encouraged to submit application via email or other electronic means. It is also possible to submit applications in a hard copy through USAID’s Feteh (Justice) Activity in Ethiopia, Millennium DPI Partners, P. O. Box 62114, Kazanchis Post Office, Addis Ababa Issuance of this RFA does not constitute an award commitment on the part of Millennium DPI Partners, Feteh, or USAID,nor does it commit Millennium DPI Partners, Feteh or USAID to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submissionof an application. Feteh and USAID reserve the right to fund any or none of the applications submitted. Applications are submitted at the risk of the applicant.
Millennium DPI Partners LLC