United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
REQUEST FOR EVENT SERVICES QUOTATIONS
U.S. Forest Service International Programs in Ethiopia
On behalf of the US Forest Service International Programs (USFS/ IP). Management Engineering and Technology International, Inc. (METI) requests quotations for event services for a variety of program activities in Ethiopia. METI implements activities for the U.S. Forest Service International Programs Office supporting a variety of natural resource and disaster management programs in Ethiopia. These activities including hosting, leading and delivering a variety of technical conferences, meetings, training and workshops, necessitating professional logistics, and facilitation support.
- Coordinate with venues to reserve cost-effective workshop or meeting spaces. Ability to cover all costs related to securing venue (including supplies and equipment).
- Ensure accommodation/venue prices are always aligned with USFS/IP Ethiopia Program guidelines and policies. Print and photocopy materials as-requested.
- Purchase workshop materials and equipment as requested, including notepads, pens, markers, flipcharts, and other supplies.
- Arrange and pay for workshop packages including meals and breaks for workshop participants as requested.
- Organize, and cover expenses related to, participants’ lodging, per diem and transportation costs for program-related and approved travel. Maintain sufficient documentation or program activities including financial accounting, attendance records, and preferred vendor information.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required.
- Must have own transportation and ability to travel throughout Ethiopia.
- Must have a bank account with a reputable international banking institution.
- Prior experience arranging logistics for small, medium, and large conferences and workshops required.
- Prior experience working with international entities in Ethiopia is preferred
Ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines
Period of Performance
The estimated program duration is one year. The anticipated timeframe is July 1st, 2020 – June 30th, 2021. A service agreement will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Application Instructions – Please include the following in the quotation:
Cost structure: describe any operation and costs (including administrative or overhead fees) associated with a sample activity for a 3-day training at a hotel in Addis Ababa for a group of 20 people. Lodging is required for 10 individuals. Organization structure information Name and contact information, including the physical address of organization.
Description of 3 relevant work examples performed in the past year
Contact information for 3 professional references. Applications should be submitted by 7th of June 2020 to Melat Terefe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered.
Caring for the Land and Serving People