Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project Ethiopia
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF
INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Second Ethiopia Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (SUWSSP).
Credit No.: IDA-60070
Assignment Title: Selection of Senior Procurement Specialist (Individual Consultant)
Reference No.: – ET-AAWSA-150119-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (SUWSSP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services. The Procurement Specialist will be accountable to the AAWSA Water & Sanitation Development Division and work closely with the Senior Procurement Specialist, Project Manager/Deputy technical/Resource, the Procurement subprocess team; and will undertake; but not limited to the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the overall planning, management, and monitoring of procurement activities of the UWSSP-2 project by handling each phase of the procurement cycle as per the Bank guidelines and the provision of the Financing Agreement (FA) and Project Appraisal Document (PAD).
- Assist in preparation of bidding documents and Request for Proposals (RFP) as per for that is consistent with World Bank Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) and follow up next procurement steps timely accomplishment after bidding document and RFP issuance.
- Monitor, supervise, and participate (as needed) in the collection of data and preparation of technical specifications (in consultation with the project office) for the proper procurement of services, works and goods needed for the project through Performa and/or shopping.
- Assist in preparation of General Procurement Notice (GPN) and Specific Procurement Notices (SPN) to be published in Development Business, DG Market and/or national newspapers.
- Assist in drafting, publishing and floating invitation of bids for procurement of works, goods and non-consulting services and Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) for consulting services as per the Bank’s procurement guidelines.
- Assist in consolidating and preparation of the AAWSA Water & Sanitation Development Division projects Procurement Plan taking into account envisaged implementation time and considering the recent and reliable cost estimate for each procurement method and ensure that the consolidated project procurement plan is updated and maintained.
- Establish register of qualified consultants, including those replying to the request for EOI, for each activity to be carried out under the UWSSP-2 project.
- Participate in the assessment of consultants’ qualifications and experience and establishment of shortlists in accordance to Bank’s Consultant manual and Guidelines.
- Assist in the operations of bid opening for the procurement of works, goods and non-consulting services and consultants and in the recording and drafting of the Minutes of bid opening. If required, provide clarification to queries regarding bid documents raised by prospective bidders
- Evaluate bids, technical proposals and financial offers made for the procurement of works, goods and non-consulting services and recruitment of consultants under the project
- Assist in preparation of draft contracts documents, and signature of contracts and receive securities.
- Follow-up the timely receipt of goods and reports by suppliers and consultants in accordance to their respective contracts.
- Provide close support to the technical staff for the timely completion of works consultancy services contract.
- Assist in preparation and coordination of procurement correspondence with the World Bank and follow up in all cases in which a “No Objection” is required.
- Receive bidders and consultants’ complaints and closely work with the relevant officials and staff for the properly and timely addressing of the complaints.
- Keep records and files of all procurement documentation both in the case of activities subject to prior and post reviews by the World Bank and auditors.
- Keep accurate records of procurement activities, including purchase register, deliveries and completion of works, for the use of procurement post-reviews and auditing by the Bank,
- Review the procurement manual, prepares capacity building training materials and provide formal and on the job training for procurement staff in the project office and Head Olice on the application of the manual and standard procurement documents
- Provide assistance to the independent auditors as well as to the World Bank’s procurement reviewers while reviewing procurement activities at the secondary cities and regional levels.
- Prepare procurement process tracking and follow-up system, and prepare contract status tracking system, and upload and submit the procurement plan and all documentation at each procurement stage in STEP.
- Prepare quarterly project procurement performance report and submit it to the project office and procurement sub process team on quarterly basis and provide input to the PMUs quarterly report as needed.
- Carryout any other relevant tasks within his/her field of activity that the AAWSA Water & Sanitation Development Division requested to do it. The Individual Consultant (IC) will be required to complete the services within one year from the date of the effectiveness of the contract and subject to renewal depending on its performance.
The Specialist shall have BA/BSC or above in Engineering, Procurement, Law or another relevant field with 10 years or above relevant work experience at least 3 years in the water supply and sanitation subsector with a high credit to experiences in procurement, analysis, and development of Manuals and strategies for the subsector. Proven familiarity with World Bank procurement guidelines and procedures including the World Bank Standard Bidding Documents for procurement of goods, works and non-consulting services and consulting services. Strong capability of communication on the subject matter, and capacity to offer training. Familiarity and working experience on the Systemic Tracking Exchange in Procurement (STEP) is mandatory.
The AAWSA – PIO now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are: Qualification and Experience as procurement specialist in public procurement management and specifically in World Bank financed project and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines. Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Knowledge of country’s working language is an advantage.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12 noon in the morning and from 2:00 to 5:00 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest (including recent and compressive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by June 15, 2020, on or before 4:00 pm
The address referred to above is:
AAWSA, Water and Sanitation Infrastructures Development Division
Attention: Ms. Mestawot Abebe, Head of Procurement Department
Address: LidetaKifleKetema Wereda 04 around Lideta Condominium, on the Left Side of
Lideta Menafesha, Floor/Room number: 1st floor
Telephone: +251 116673920/Facsimile number: +251 116623924
City:Addis Ababa Country: Ethiopia