Infrastructure Transparency Initiative
Request for expressions of interest ETHIOPIA
- URBAN INSTITUTIONAL AND INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (UIIDP)
- Project No. P163452
- IDA Grant No.: D277-ET, Regular Credit Cr# 6196
- and Scale-up Facility Cr# 6197
Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for Supervision and Quality Assurance of the Development, Installation, Implementation, and Commissioning of the UIIDP Management information System application (MIS)
Reference No.: ET-MUDH-162780-CS-CDS
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank or toward the cost of the Urban Institutional and Infrastructure and Development Program (U IIDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include supervising and provide quality assurance on, the eng development, installation, implementation, and commissioning of the UIIDP MIS.
It is expected that the Consultant will carry out, among others, the following major tasks:
- Preparing a Quality Management Plan for the project which identifies the evaluations and tests to be performed, audit and reviews to be performed, of standards that are applicable at each phase/stage of the DUI project (development, installation, implementation Inc and commissioning), and procedures for error reporting and tracking;
- Preparing a risk identification and mitigation strategy For the MIS development, implementation. and commissioning.
- Reviewing the implementation of the MIS project to verify compliance with the defined specification requirements no and ensuring that deviations are documented and handled according to a documented procedure.
- Maintaining an overview of the project implementation and advising MUDCo of any emerging managerial and/or technical implementation problems and recommending solutions to them.
- Reviewing the MIS design and parameterization document, IT infrastructure implementation, modules implementation to ensure that they meet the technical requirements and international best practices.
- Reviewing the MIS prototype application to ensure that it complies with the approved design and meets the technical requirements specified in the contract between MUDCo and the Developer.
- Quality assuring MIS infrastructure implementation as well as the business continuity and disaster recovery procedures.
- Reviewing the accuracy, completeness of data to be taken on by the MIS and data conversion strategy. Assist by periodically checking the accuracy and authenticity of the input, processing and output of the Application Software.
- Reviewing the operational aspects of go-live processes and backup procedures of MUDCo.
- The assignment is expected to commence after contract signing in January 2021 and the services of the quality assurance and Supervision firm will not be continuous but intermittent and are estimated at total of 6 staff months to be provided at critical stages of the software development/ implementation which will be carried out by a separate firm and whose total duration is estimated at 22 months.
- It is expected that the quality assurance and supervision Consultant firm will provide:
* One (1) Project Manager/Quality Assurance Manager, who will be responsible for overall management of the entire assignment, logistical arrangements; communication with the Client and key stakeholders; quality control of team members work; coordination and integration of Consultant’s inputs and outputs; production of the reports and deliverables that are consistent, reliable, concise, readable and clear. It is expected that the individual will have a minimum of MSc in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or Computer Engineering) or related. Certification in networking
(CCNA, CCNP) and database management (SQL, Oracle) is preferable. He/she will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in information technology project management and knowledge of software architectures and software application development technologies and experience in managing document management or enterprise content management development projects.
- One (1) Systems Analyst. It is expected that the individual will have Minimum of BSc in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or related. Certification in networking (CCNA, CCNP) and database management (SQL, Oracle) is preferable. He/she will have a minimum of six years of experience in system analysis in a wide range of projects. He/she should have experience and knowledge of software engineering practices, experience of working with formal project management methodologies and tools and proven experience in collecting requirements and conducting analysis for document management systems. He/she should have experience in multilingual content development for mobile apps, websites or web Portals.
- The core team of the Consultant must spend at least 75% of their inputs in Ethiopia and should be available on site during critical periods/phases of the assignment such as Inception Phase, software development testing and user acceptance testing, installation and commissioning of the MIS.
- The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained by e-mail request at the address given below
- The Ministry of Urban Development and Construction now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria are:
- Core Business (Areas of Expertise);
- Years in Business;
- .Experience Similar Assignments; and
- Technical and Managerial Capability.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the short-listing stage and accordingly CVs should not be submitted.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs,3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” (July 2016 and revised November 2017 and August 2018) FY (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance by their qualifications but should clearly indicate whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the act Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set outin the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: – 7.30 AM-12.30 PM and 1.30 PM 3.30 PM from Monday to Thursday and office hours on Fridays are 7.30 AM-11.30 AM and 1.30 PM-3.30 PM.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by not later than Tuesday, 25th August 2020 at 3.30 PM.
Ministry of Urban Development and Construction Urban Revenue Enhancement, Fund Mobilization and Finance Bureau
Attn: Ato Zewdie W/Amanuel; Senior Project Procurement Expert;
Physical address: 3rd Floor, Room No. 307, Ministry of Urban Development and Construction Building, Opposite National Bank of Ethiopia, Sudan St./Ras Abebe Aregay St.,Leghare Area,
P.O.Box 3040, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.