West Shewa Zone Urban Development and Housing Office /Finance and Economic Cooperation Office
INVITATION TO BID FOR THE SECOND TIME
The West Shewa Zone Urban Development and Housing Office now invite eligible bidders for the construction of G+4 W/ Sh/Z Administration Office Building Lot-2 For Remaining Works for the second time.
1. Oromia Regional state, West Shewa Zone Urban Development and Housing Office received a budget from the national regional state of Oromia towards the construction of G+4 W/Sh/Z Administration Office Building Lot-2 For Remaining Worksin Ambo town within one budget years (2013 E.C.)
2. West Shewa Zone Urban Development and Housing Office now invites all contractors of category general or building contractors Of GC-5/BC-5& above with renewed their license valid for the year 2013 E.C for furnishing the necessary labor, material, equipment & service for the construction of the +4 W/Sh/Z Administration Office Lot-2 For Remaining Works
3.Bidding documents may be purchased at the office of respective Zone Finance & Economic Cooperation Office upon submission of a written application and a nonrefundable fee of birr 500(five hundred) in cash starting from first date notice viewed on the newspaper during office hours through Monday to Friday.
4.A bidder has to be registered to collect “VAT” and TIN registration certificate, valid trade license and valid registration certificate with the ministry of construction or Oromia construction bureau must be submitted attached with the application.
5.Bidders may obtain further information, inspect and acquire the bidding documents, from the above mentioned Zone office
6. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in CPO or Unconditional bank guarantee of 150,000 (One hundred Fifty thousand) birr valid for 118 days after the date of bid opening, the bid security must be addressed to West Shewa Zone Urban Development and Housing Office & sealed. Bid security must be put in the original technical document, Failure to do this will result in an automatic rejection
7.Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open national tendereing procedures contained in the public procurement proclamation of the federal democratic republic of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible bidders i.e. (two stages: the first stage is preliminary and technical evaluation& the second stages is :- preliminary and financial evaluation).
8. A complete set of bidding document in English may be purchased by interested bidders upon the submission of Written Application, VAT registration Certificate, Ministry of Construction Oromia Construction Bureau, Renewed Registration Certificate, Renewed Trade registration Certificate, Renewed Trade License, Taxpayer registration Certificate and Clearance from Authorized body and registration in the FPPA’s to the address stated below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of Ethiopian birr 500(five hundred) only in cash starting from the first announcement date on the newspaper during office hours through Monday to Friday.
9.Submission and opening of the bid (in respective Zone office)
a.The deadline of bid (both technical qualification and financial offers independently) submission shall be on or before at 8:00 local time of 21st Working days from the first announcement date.
b. The original and copy of the technical qualification documents shall be placed in a sealed envelope marked as “Technical Qualification Documents” and both envelopes shall be placed in a large outer envelope and sealed. This outer envelope shall bear the submission address and other information indicated in the datasheet and be clearly marked as “TO BE OPENED ONLY IN THE PRESENCE OF TENDER COMMITTEE”
c. The original and copy of the financial offer documents shall be placed in a sealed envelope marked “THE FINANCIAL OFFER DOCUMENTS” and both envelopes shall be placed in a large outer envelope and sealed. This outer envelope shall bear the submission address and other Information indicated in the data sheet and be clearly marked as “To Be Opened Only In The Presence Of Tender Committee”.
d. The sealing, signing, and marking of the bids must be according to guidelines stated under the instruction of bidders.
e. In preparing the bid document bidders are expected to examine the bid data in the tender document.
f. The qualification document will be opened at th same day at 8:30 local time of 21s day from first announcement date of Working day
g. The financial offer document shall remain sealed and deposited in a box prepared for this purpose in the presence of the auditor or any other authorized body by the client until financial offers(S) of qualified bidders are opened publicity.
h. The committee assigned by the client will evaluate the qualification of the bidders based on the basis of their responsiveness to the bid document, by applying the evaluation criterion, sub-criterion, and points assigned to the criterion in the datasheet, Each qualification document will be given the score point. A bidder will be rejected at this stage if it does not respond to the tender document or fails to achieve the minimum technical score indicated in the tender document.
i.Only financial offers of those bidders who score the minimum qualifying point, 70% (seventy percent) and above will be opened of bidders who have scored less than the minimum passing point (i.e 70% will be returned un opened. The client shall address the financial opening date and time to the bidders.
j.Any attempts of submission forged (false) document and /or indication of financial offer on the technical qualification document shall result in rejection of the bid.
k. The client shall not bear any responsibility for misplacement of “Technical Qualification document” in “The Financial Offer Document” envelopes or vice versa, which result in rejection of the bidder.
10. . The validity of the bid shall be 90 calendar days from the date of bid opening.
11. The construction of the work shall be completed with a maximum of 200(Two Hundred) calendar days from the commencement date of the work & if there is a favorable condition the client can minimize the date of completed work.
12. The Advance Payment shall not be made (shall not be considered to be paid)
13. The West Shewa Zone Urban Development and Housing Office has the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
The West Shewa Zone Urban Development and Housing Office /Finance and Economic Cooperation Office
For further information: