Water Development Commission
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
(PROCUREMENT OF WORKS)
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- Name of Project: CR-Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Contract Title: Procurement of Civil Works, Supply and Installation of Pipes and Fittings & Supply and Installation of Electro-Mechanical Equipment for Awash Sebat Water Supply & Sanitation Project found in Awash Fentale Woreda that located in Zone-3 of the Afar National Regional State
- Reference No.: WDC-AF-02-CW-RFB
The Water Development Commission has budget toward the cost of the CR- Water Supply and Sanitation Project, and intends to apply part of the budget toward payments under the contract for Procurement of Civil Works, Supply and Installation of Pipes and Fittings & Supply and Installation of Electro-Mechanical Equipment for Awash Sebat water supply & sanitation project.
The Water Development Commission (WDC) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Procurement of Civil Works, Supply and Installation of Pipes and Fittings & Supply and Installation of Electro-Mechanical Equipment for Awash Sebat water supply & sanitation project.
Bidders shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following requirement(s);
- Bidders must have undertaken at least 1(one) Contract substantially completed consisting of the civil construction, supply & installation of pipes & fittings & supply & installation of electro-mechanical equipment with a budget of at least ETB 155,356,568.00 (one hundred fifty five million three hundred fifty six thousand five hundred sixty eight) or equivalent with a similar size, nature and complexity during the last 5 (five) years supported with names of clients, type and value of contract. Or a combination of contracts each with minimum value of:
i. Civil Work Construction ETB 55,114,998.00 or equivalent.
ii. Supply of Pipes & Fittings ETB 76,427,788.78 or equivalent.
iii. Supply & installation of Electro-mechanical equipment ETB 23,813,780.53 or equivalent
2. Financial statements of the Bidder for the last 5 (five) years audited by certified auditor or confirmed by Revenue Authority to confirm an average annual financial turnover of ETB 152 (one hundred fifty two) million or equivalent.
3. Documentary evidences for liquid asset and credit facility of ETB 48 (forty eight) million or equivalent. The project is located in Awash Fentale Woreda, GebiResu Zonal Administration of the Afar National Regional State. The town is established along the main highway asphalt road that runs from Addis Ababa to Djibouti. It is found at a distance of 223km from Addis Ababa through Adama Town, or 363Km from the regional capital of Samara Town, and 37Km from Zonal capital of Bertha Town. The intended completion period for the whole of the Works shall be 13.5 months (405 days) from the start date.
Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures as Specified in the Federal public Procurement Directive June, 2010 Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Water Development Commission, and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. local time at the address given below.
A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 500.00 (Five Hundred only). The method of payment will be in cash.
Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 24 December 2020 at 2:00p.m. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 24 December 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
All bids must be accompanied by Bid Security of ETB 500,000.00 (five hundred thousand) or equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency in the form of unconditional Bank Guarantee or CPO.
The address referred to above is:
Water Development Commission, Haile Gebresilasie Avenue, Room Number 114, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Attention to: Mr. JagamaKebeta, Engineering, Procurement Section A/ Coordinator
- P.O.Box: 13/1076, Tel.: +251-11-663-70-18, Facsimile number: +251-11-661-08 85
- Electronic mail address: email@example.com
- City – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia