Water Development Commission
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
- COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- NAME OF PROJECT: ODF Project
- Assignment Title: Consultancy service for the Preparation of Standard Latrine Designs for urban and rural areas.
- Reference No.: WDC-CS-04-0CBS
Water Development Commission has secured budget from the Government of Ethiopia toward the cost of implementation of Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consultancy service for Preparation of Standard Latrine Designs for urban and rural areas.
The ultimate general objective of the assignment is to developing a standard latrine catalog so as to improve the health status of the community and create healthy and productive citizens by creating sustainable latrine infrastructure that hygienically contains human excreta and break disease transmission routes.
The specific objectives of this particular assignment are:
- to assess and review the existing public, communal/ shared toilets, Individual House Hold Toilets (IHHTS), institution toilets which are currently functional and non-functional and propose guidance for their rehabilitation and upgrading as appropriate
- to prepare a standard latrine catalog with the complete design document and user manual for various types of latrines required for households, communities, public spaces and institutions, tourist attractions, and transport routes and facilities.
The general scope of work is described as presented in the TOR. The execution of the following tasks is expected to be accomplished during the consultancy service. There are four major tasks that should be carried out by the consultant to accomplish the assignment.
- Review of available latrine standards
- Produce the technical design of latrines for new, upgrading, and rehabilitation
- Latrine catalog preparation
- User manual preparation and
- Training material preparation and training of trainers
The assignment will be in the form of a Lump sum. Accordingly, the estimated professional staff-months are 31. The assignment will be expected to start in the First week of March 2021 & the implementation period is also 6 months. The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The Water Development Commission (WDC) now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experiences to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are: – core business and years in business, relevant experience, the technical and managerial capability of the firm.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Public Procurement Agency (PPA) Consultant Guidelines, Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM in the morning and from 1:30PM to 5:00PM in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or mail, or by e-mail (PDF Format) by Nov 20, 2020, on or before 4:00 PM. Attn: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed, Engineering Procurement & Contract Management Directorate Director.
Postal address: 13/1076
Street address: Haile Gebresilasie Street
Ministry of Water, Irrigation& Energy Building, Floor
Number 01, Room number 114
City: Addis Ababa, Country: Ethiopia
Country: Ethiopia, Addis Ababa.
Water Development Commission