Water Development Commission
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Water Development Commission Procurement of Works
NAME OF PROJECT: CR-WASH/Shafi Multi-Village Water Supply Project
Contract Title Climate Resilient Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Projects Civil Works with Installation of Pipes and Fittings, Supply of Pipes and fittings, Supply and Installation of Electro-Mechanical Equipment Reference No. WDC/SHAFI -04 -CR-W/RFP
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the Government of Ethiopia Treasury for the implementation of Shafi Multi-Village Water Supply Project. The Water Development Commission (WDC) intends to apply part of the proceeds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Climate Resilient Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Projects Civil Works with Installation of Pipes and Fittings, Supply of Pipes and fittings, Supply and Installation of ElectroMechanical Equipment fund in Amahara Region, South Wollo Administrative zone in Kelela Woreda.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Federal public Procurement directive June 2010
- Key Qualification Requirements are:
- Financial Capability: The Bidders shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, uncncumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated 5,950,863.83 (Five Million Nine Hundred Fifty Thousand Eight Hundred Sixty Three and 83/100) for Civil work and Pipes and Fittings installation portion. 17,631,990.03 (Seventeen Million Six Hundred Thirty On Thousand Nine Hundred Ninety and 03/100 ) for Supply of pipes and Fittings and 3,982,324.71 (Three Million Nine Hundred Eighty Two Thousand Three Hundred Twenty four and 71/100) for Electromechanical Supply and installation
- Annual Tumover: The minimum annual turnover calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed is 19,042,764 26 (Nineteen Million Forty Two Thousand Seven Hundred Sixty Four and 26/100) For Civil work and Pipes and Fittings Installation, 56,422.368.10 (Fifty Six Million Four Hundred Twenty Two Thousand Three Hundred Sixty Eight and 10/100) for Supply of Pipes and Fittings and 10,194,751.25 (Ten Million One Hundred Ninety Four Thousand Seven Hundred fifty One and 25/100) for supply, Installation of Electromechanical Equipment Calculated as taking the peak from the last five years total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last 5 (Five) years.
- Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience: The Bidder has successfully Participated as contractor or subcontractor, in at least one (1) contracts within the last 5 (five) years with a value of at least 31,737,940.44 (Thirty One Million Seven Hundred Thirty Seven Thousand nine hundred Forty and 14/100) for Civil work, Installation of Pipes and fittings 70,527,960.13 (Seventy Million Five Hundred Twenty Seven Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty and 13/100) for supply of Pipes and fittings and 12,743,439.00 (Twelve Million Seven Hundred Forty Three Thousand Four Hundred Thirty Nine and 00/100) for Supply, Installation and commissioning of Electromechanical Equipment or two projects with amount equal to or greater than 50% (fifty percent) of each of the above mentioned Values respectively that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Works and supply
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Water Development Commission, and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 8:30AM to 5:00 PM Local time at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders up on submission of a written application to and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 500.00 (five Hundred) or equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 2, February, 2021 at 14:00 hours (2:00 P.M). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 2, February, 2021 at 14:30 hours (2:30 PM)
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of ETB 500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand and 00/100) or in freely convertible Currency.
8. The address referred to above is: Water Development Commission, Haile Gebresilassie Avenue /Beside Capital Hotel and SPA/, 1st floor, Room Number 35.
Attention to: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed, Engineering, Procurement and Contract Management
Directorate, Director P.O.BOX 13/1076 Telephone: +251-11-663-70-18,
Facsimile number: +251-11-661-08-85,
Email address: .email@example.com
City – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia