Water Development Commission
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL)
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
SECOND URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION PROJECT (SUWSSP) Credit No. IDA-60070
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Service (Individual consultant (IC) – Procurement) for Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (Ref. no ET-MOWIE181047-CS-INDV)
The Government of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Ethiopia Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project-SUWSSP and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services
The consulting services (“the Services”) include, provision of procurement consultancy service to Water Development Commission (WDC) as a general and in the Engineering procurement and Contract Management Directorate (EPCMD) who has the responsibility for a managing and coordinating the program procurement and contract management Water and sanitation programs including SUWSSP implemented by the Water Development Commission in particular in collaboration with the technical specialists, financial management Th specialists, Contract Administration expert (OWNP staff). The Individual Consultant (IC) is responsible to support & facilitate the effective implementation of the Sanitation and water supply services improvement in secondary cities and towns. As such, under the Engineering Procurement and Contract Management Directorate (EPCMD) and WDC and WaSH program. The role of the Procurement consultant will be to support the Engineering procurement and Contract Management a Directorate (EPCMD) of Water Development Commission (WDC) in communicating with different Directorate of WDC, Regional PMUs, and Town water Utilities o and providing them with the directions, information, systems and skills
1. Overall Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of EPCMD and in close collaboration with stails of the Program, the IC will prepare the procurement plan and arrange procurement related a documents and periodic reports, involve in the evaluation of bids/proposals, award contracts, follow-up their implementation and document the results. The IC will also play an advisory role to clients and project staff in handling complex procurement tasks and issues, which frequently cut across work units.
2. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The IC will be accountable to the Procurement and Contract Administration Directorate and work closely with all firerectorates and Staffs as required and will undertake the 9 following specific duties and responsibilities – Participate in overall Planning, Management, and Monitoring of procurement activities of
SECOND URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION
- PROJECT and the OWNP CWA project by handling each phase of the procurement cycle as per The World 1 Bank’s Procurement Guidelines. Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (January 2011 revised July, 2014)
- Preparation of SPN, REOI, bidding documents and Request for Proposals (RFP) as per lor that is consistent with World Bank standard Procurement documents (SPD) and RFP and closely follow up next procurement steps and ensure timely accomplishment of the process to avoid delays.
- Consolidate and Prepare the Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation project and OWNP-CWA regional Procurement Plan and add activities in STEP considering envisaged implementation time and considering the recent and reliable cost estimate for each procurement method and ensure that the consolidated project procurement plan is updated and maintained.
- Provide close support and guidance to junior procurement staff, monitor adequacy of the number and qualification of the project office procurement staff, and recommend action and closely work with procurement staff at the EPCMD.
- Review the procurement manual, identify the procurement capacity gap, prepare capacity building training materialspnd provide formal and on the job training for procurement staff in WDC and Regional Water Bureaus on the application of the manual and standard procurement documents.
- Prepare procurement process tracking and follow-up system, and prepare contract stalus tracking system, and add activities to STEP and submit the procurement plan and all documentation at each procurement stage, regular update all procurement documentations and information in STEP Prepare periodical project procurement performance re port and submit it to the project office and procurement sub process team and provide input to the EPCMD report as needed.
- Review procurement documents prepared for the project, the bidding documents, bid evaluation reports and contract documents and give comments based on the threshold limit of the project
- The IC shall provide the services at least five days per week (39 hours per week) and will be contracted for a period of one year with the provision that the contract will be renewed annually based on his/her work performance Please note that detail of scope of work of IC will be given in the ToR
3. Required Competencies;
- The IC shall have Master’s Degree in Engineering, law, management, accounting or procurement related fields with minimum 10 years relevant work experience out of these, 5 years in World Bank/ other Donors financed programs/projects,
- Proven familiarity with World Bank’s/other donors financed procurement guidelines and procedures including the World Bank Standard Bidding Documents is required (for procurement of goods, works, on-consulting services and consulting services).
The individual consultant should have knowledge of local conditions, working environment and local languages of the country
• Working in the water sector has and added advantage.
4. Client’s Input for the Service
The client will:
- Avail to the IC all necessary data and document available including project FA, PAD, World bank’s SPD, SRFP, access to STEP, procurement manual, etc, Facilitate to the consultant to have access to data and documents available in the water Development Commission
- Provide office facilities (space, furniture such as table, chair and shell, Laptop Computer, desktop computer, and Printer including reliable and high-speed internet connection)
- Provide transportation for out of office works and field works
- The WDC will provide a sample reporting format
- The IC shall report to the Engineering Procurement and Contract Administration Directorate Director
- Reports monthly, quarterly and yearly project procurement status reports.
- All documents and correspondence shall be in English
8. Number required: one (1)
9. DURATION OF THE SERVICES AND CONTARCT
The procurement specialist will be required to execute the services within one year from the date of the effectiveness of the contract and subject to renewal based on the performance.
10. The Water Development Commission now invites eligible consultant (“Individual Consultant”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services
11. The attention of interested Individual Consultants is drawn to paragraph 19 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 Revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
12. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultants Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines
13. Interested IC can get detail ToR at the address below during office hours 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
14. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
15. Interested individual consultants may submit their CVs and credentials with written applicant to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) on or before 28 December 2020, 4.00 pm
Water Development Commission Attn: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed
Haile Gebresilassie Avenue 1st floor Room Number 114
P.O.Box: 5744, Tel: +251116637018 Fax: +251116616238
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia