Water Development Commission
Invitation for Bids
(Procurement of Works)
- COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- NAME OF PROJECT: One WASH-Consolidated Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Account Project
- Loan No.:IDA-6445-ET
- Contract Title: Civil Work, Supply & Installation of Pipes & Fittings & Supply & Installation of Electromechanical Equipment for Asayta-Afambo Multi-Village Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Project
- Reference No.: ET-WDC-165778-CW-RFB
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received credit from the World Bank toward the cost of the One WASH-Consolidated Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Account Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Civil Works, Supply & Installation of Pipes & Fittings and Supply and Installation of Electromechanical equipment for Asayta-Afambo Multi-Village Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Project.
- The Water Development Commission now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for execution of the works that include mainly construction of 500m3 and 1000m3 capacity reservoirs, auxiliary Buildings, 48 public fountains, 300m raw water tank with Defluorination plant, supply & installation of 10km collector and transmission pipe and fittings, supply & installation of 61km distribution pipe and fittings and associated civil works, design review, supply, erection, testing and commissioning and supply and installation of electromechanical equipment. The project is located along the asphalt road running from Addis Ababa to Djibouti through Awash at a distance of 700KM from Addis Ababa and at 78KM distance from the capital of the region, Semera. The intended completion date for the whole of the works shall be 365 (Three hundred sixty five) days from the start date.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services and consulting services under the OWNP CWA II Projects shall be in accordance to “Procurement regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018” Procurement will also comply with IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants” revised as of July 1, 2016; and the provisions stipulated in the General Conditions of the Legal Agreement.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Water Development Commission, Engineering procurement and contract Management directorates, procurement section and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M local time at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of ETB 500 (five hundred) or US $ 15. The method of payment will be in cash or Cashier’s Check.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before July 15, 2020 at 10:00 Electronic bidding willnot be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on July 15, 2020 10:30 A.M.
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of ETB 2,500,000.00 (Two Million Five Hundred Thousand) or US $ 75,000.00 or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency in the name of Water Development Commission.
- The Address referred to above is: Mo WIE, Water Development Commission, Engineering, Procurement and Contract Management Directorate, Haile Gebre Sellasie Avenue 1st Floor Room No. 114 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Attention: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed, Engineering Procurement and Contract Management, Directorate Director Room No. 114 P.O.Box: 13/1076 Tel. +251-116637018 Fax: +251 11-661-07-10 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org