Water Development Commission
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES- FIRMS SELECTION)
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
WATER DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Conducting Impact Evaluation of Fluorosis Mitigation Project of Ethiopia.
Reference No. WDC- QCBS-01-CS
The Water Development Commission has intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consultancy Services for Conducting Impact Evaluation of the Performance of Fluorosis Mitigation Project of Ethiopia.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main purpose of the assignment is to make an overall independent Impact evaluation assessment of the Fluorosis Mitigation Project performance, paying particularly attention to the impact of the project actions against its objectives. It is also to identify key lessons and to propose practical recommendations for follow-up and future similar actions.
Specifically, the Impact Evaluation will have the following specific objectives:
- Review the Relevance of the project and its approaches in the context of the development need and potential of the intervention areas;
- Verify the Efficiency and Effectiveness of the results achieved and trace the changes observed in the lives of the target beneficiaries, as a result;
- Critically examine the continuing validity of the assumptions on which the project’s likely Impact was based
- Analyse Sustainability of the project initiatives from the point of view of local stakeholders including target beneficiaries participation, institutional arrangements, compatibility of project objectives and target community need, etc.
- Assess level of the intended synergies/integration/ complementarities as well as the coordination of the project interventions with other on-going similar initiatives in the respective project intervention Woredas by both the government and other actors.
- Draw lessons and give respective recommendations having strategic significance for improvement in future similar actions.
Scope of the Work
The scopes of the consultancy services include the following:
- Provided or available on time and at planned cost to implement activities as well as monitored regularly to allow cost-effective implementation of activities.
- Adequate geographical and technical scope of project’s interventions
- Satisfaction of the beneficiaries and local government stakeholders in terms of timely availability and quality of project inputs (materials, finance, and human resources); quality of results (respect for standards);
- Extent to which the objectives of the project have been achieved as intended in particular the project planned overall objective.
- Contribution of project’s activities to expected and unexpected direct and indirect changes
- Whether the effects of the project have contributed to health in the respective intervention Woredas/zones/ region and also made a difference in terms of crosscutting issues like gender equality, environment, etc.
- Project enhanced the role of the communities in local socio-economic development.
- What measures have been taken to ‘mainstream’ gender in the project and to what extent have women and vulnerable groups been involved in decision making.
- The extent to which the project has been consistent with, and supportive of, the policy and programme framework within which the project is placed, the Commission and partners strategic plans, the relevant -Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP) and/or regional short and long term strategic plans;
- The extent to which the objectives of the project are consistent with the target beneficiaries’ needs/priorities.
The total duration of the service is 90 calendar days (3 months).
The Water Development Commission now invites competent and eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria are: Core business and years in business, qualification, and experience in the field of assignment, organizational, managerial and technical capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of staff but not individual experts’ biodata.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. But, should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 am to 12:00 am noon and 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm after noon from Monday to Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e mail) on or before Thursday 25th November 2020, 4:00 PM (Afternoon)
Water Development Commission
Attn: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed
Haile Gebresilassie Road
Ministry of Water Irrigation and Energy
Tel: +251 116637018
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia