Water Development Commission
- FIRMS SELECTION)
- COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- NAME OF PROJECT: Fluoride Mitigation Project
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for assessment of ground water potential of the Gelealo Woreda of the Afar Regional State
- Reference No.: WDC-03-CS- OCBS
The Water Development Commission has budgeted for assessment of groundwater potential of the Gelealo Woreda of the Afar Regional State and intends to apply part of the budget for consulting services.
The Consulting Services (“the Services”) include:
- Study and Design of Groundwater Sources;
- Supervision & Contract Administration of Drilling and Construction of Deep Wells; and
- Prepare Detail Feasibility Design, Environmental & Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), and prepare Tender Document for the water shortage Kebeles in Gelealo Woreda of the Afar Regional State.
The intended duration of the assignment is 7 (seven) months after the commencement of the assignment. The assignment will be performed in the form of a lump-sum contract for source investigation & detailed feasibility design, and a time-based contract for supervision & contract administration of drilling& contraction of deep wells. The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
General Objective of the Assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is to conduct a groundwater investigation to identify fluoride-free water source for the fluoride affected and shortage& absence of potable water Kebeles namely RebenaSegento, Diyara, Herto Buri, ModaytuBuri and Adlalitain Gelealo Woreda of the Afar Region. The work involves selecting of groundwater exploiting wells, supervision of the drilling & construction works& designing of water systems that convey water to the community.
Specific Objectives of the Assignment
- Assessment of the groundwater potential of the Gelealo Woreda that is situated along the Awash River Basin;
- Determine the hydrogeological condition of the area;
- The extent of the aquifer both vertically and laterally should be mapped and thoroughly studied to verify the groundwater potential of the wellfields;
- To undertake detail geological, hydrogeological, hydro-chemical studies supported by geophysical investigation and socio-environmental parameters/ characteristics of the Rebena Segento as well as the surrounding areas for the water source of the Fluoride affected Kebeles Supervise the drilling and construction works at the recommended borehole sites;
- Prepare detailed design with the accompanying maps and drawings (setting and design of associated structures) including preparation of Tender Document.
The water source to be identified should consider the fast increasing trend of the Kebeles population and development to provide sufficient and sustainable potable water.
The location of the source should also consider the easiness of delivery to the beneficiary population and management of operation of the system.
The Water Development Commission now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experiences to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are core business and years in business; qualification and relevant work experience in the field of assignment;
organizational and managerial capabilities of the firm; and general qualification and number of key staff, but not individual experts’ biodata.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Federal Public Procurement DirectiveJune/2010.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 2:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the morning and from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the afternoon. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail (PDF Format) by 18 November 2020 on or before 5:00 p.m.
Water Development Commission, Engineering, Procurement, and Contract Administration Directorate Attn: Mr. Nuredin Mohammed, Engineering, Procurement, and Contract Management Directorate Director.
- Postal address: 13/1076Street address: Haile Gebresilasie AvenueFloor Number 01, Room Number 114Postal code: +251, City: Addis Ababa,Country: EthiopiaTelephone: +251116637018, Facsimile number:+251116616238
- E-mail: email@example.com