The United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP)
Invitation for expression of interest
DESCRIPTION: Provision of manpower for running and operating WFP truck fleet and workshop
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF EOls: Thursday, 08 July 2020, 14:00 hrs.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) In Addis Ababa, Ethiopia seeks interested qualified National/ International companies registered in Ethiopia for provision of manpower services for operating the WFP owned fleet of trucks. The interested companies are also required to maintain roster for truck drivers and mechanics for additional operational needs.
A. LEASE OF FLEET OF TRUCKS
This invitation for expression of interest aims to identify qualified Local/ international companies to provide manpower for running and operating WFP truck fleet and workshop. The shortlisted companies will be invited to participate in a bidding process to provide the abovementioned services. Based on the results of the competitive bidding process, WFP may conclude a contract with one or more companies for the provision of the named services.
2. Brief summary of services to be provided
- Provide WFP Ethiopia with suitably qualified personnel For the assigned duty, and to manage all personnel/ administrative matters related to the outsourced matters independently.
- The operational management of the Fleet operations, including responsibility of maintenance of assets, remains with WEP.
- The company shall ensure that the manpower deployed by the Contractor to perform the services shall in all be considered, at all times, employees of the company as well solely responsible and obligated to respect all applicable local laws and regulations governing the operation.
3. Participants and Eligibility criteria.
This Invitation for Expression of Interest is announced for Local and international qualified companies. International must have their (representative) offices in Ethiopia (or willing to open an office upon award of the contract) and able to render the services in country.
WFP seeks to shortlist companies/organizations with demonstrable technical and financial capabilities, who will be invited to participate in bidding process.
After the deadline, WFP will evaluate all submitted EOls, and only successful participants will be notified by email
All documents should be presented in English and presented in an orderly manner as per the guidelines below.
1. Documents to be submitted
The expression of interest must include the following documentation:
- Brief Company profile including contact details, (e-mail address is mandatory, website, address, physical location, telephone, fax numbers, max. of 5 pages);
- Copies of the registration documents;
- Letters of reference from at least three (3) clients;
- Independently Audited Financial Statement, at least two years statement, accompanied by a letter of sound accounts transactions from the company’s Bank;
Non-provision of the required information may result in exclusion of the company from further consideration.
2. Closing date of submission and Contact Details
The EOI and any supplementary documentation must be submitted in a sealed envelope and deposited at the designated box at WEP Ethiopia in Addis Ababa at the following address:
Attention: Logistics Unit – Contracting Section World Food Programme – P.O. Box 25584 – Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 17/18, Olompya towards Haile Gebreselassie Road (Next to Mentewab building), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or sent via email at the following email address: email@example.com no later than 08 July 2020, 14:00 hours (local time).
The cover of the envelope should contain the following information EOI Reference Number, the Date of Submission and the title of the company.
E-mail applications should clearly state the EOI Reference Number in the Subject Line of the e-mail.’
All EOI should be duly signed and stamped.
All requests for clarifications should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Further information
This EOI does not entail any commitment on the part of WFP, either financial or otherwise.