SNNP Regional Water Mines & Energy Development Bureau
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Client: SNNPR Water Mines & Energy Development Bureau
Name of Project: Water Supply Sanitation and Hygiene
Loan No. IDA 64450
Project ID: P-167794
- The SNNPR Water Mines and Energy Development Bureau through the Government of Ethiopia has received finance from OwNP-CWA-II toward the cost of Urban the Water Supply and Sanitation Project and it intends to apply part of funds to cover eligible payments under the Contract for Tarcha and Sawula Medium Towns -Urban Water Supply Sanitation & Hygiene Project.
- The SNNPRS Water Mines and Energy Development Bureau now invites sealed bids from qualified eligible bidders having renewed registration licenses for supply and execution of the following water Supply and Sanitation Projects;
Tarcha Town Small Works Contract-Civil Works, Supply & Installation of Pipe and Fittings and Supply & Installation of Electro-Mechanical Equipment
Sawula Town Small’ Goffa Works Contract-Civil Works, Supply & Installation of Pipe and Fittings and Supply &Installation of Electro-Mechanical Equipment
- Bidding will be conducted through a NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING (NCB) procedure specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the SNNPRS Water Mines and Energy Development Bureau, One WaSH National Program Management Unit, from 09:00, am to 12:00 am & 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
- A bid is open to eligible firms or joint ventures with GC and WWC Category -or WWC-Category-l which is licensed for Water Works. In case of the joint venture, eligible Civil Works Contractors shall form a joint venture with eligible suppliers of pipes and fittings and/or electromechanical Suppliers.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and copies of necessary renewed licenses with originals from SNNP Regional Water Mines & Energy Development Bureau, Procurement, Finance, and Property Adm. Directorate, Room No 101, Hawassa City, Telephone number 0462 12 3040, at or before 2:00 P.M. on 05 October 2020. Upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Birr 500.00 for each Water Supply & Sanitation Project.The method of payment will be in cash or check against receipt. Bidders are required to attach with their application, a copy of their renewed trade licenses, VAT certificate, Tax clearance, and TIN certificate
- Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00 P.M. on 05 October 2020. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. ,
- Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 2:30 P.M. on 05 October 2020.
- All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security of ETB 1,000,000.00 (One Million Birr) for each Water Supply & Sanitation Project, in the form of Unconditional Bank Guarantee or CPO to SNNPRS Water and Mines and Energy Development Bureau and shall remain valid for 150 (one Hundred Fifty) days. Insurance bond is not acceptable. For Bank Guarantee the bidder must use the bank guarantee form included in section IV (Bid Form) of the bidding Document.
- Bid shall be valid for period of 120 days after Bid Submission deadline.
- The SNNP Regional Water Mines & Energy Development Bureau reserves the right to reject all or part of the bid.
Full Address: SNNP Regional Water Mines & Energy
In front of Hawassa University, Main Campus Attention:
Gedion Worku, Senior Procurement Specialists
Telephone number 0462209974/0462123480
Fax 0462203939/42/69 98