REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES FIRMS SELECTION) NCB
- COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Assignment Title: The preparation of Management directive for TWSSE below level four as per proclamation number 170/2017 article 6 and regulation number 160/2018 broad implementation guideline/ operational manual and capacity building materials.
SNNPR regional Water, Mine, and Energy Development Bureau undertake the preparation of proclamation and regulation for town, water supply, and sewerage service enterprises which is ratified by the regional council pending on that different implementation directives are prepared including the categorization guideline which was implemented 2010 E C. Even if the legal background is facilitated there exist a gap regarding full cost recovery principle in urban water supply enterprise. To solve such a gap it is clear that applicable Implementation policy directive (broad implementation guideline), management directive for TWSSE below level four as per proclamation number 170/2017 article 6 (about the committee), Organizational structure (job analysis, job design, job description, job evaluation, and job grading, salary & benefits survey), Operational manuals (Finance manual, Procurement, and materials management manual, Human resource management manuals, Governing committee guideline (as per regulation number 160/2018 article… and Management) committee guidelines and Capacity building and operational materials /manuals (Tariff setting manual, Business planning, manual, Utility planning and budgeting manual, Utility management and leadership manuals and Performance agreement and management) must be prepared.
Objectives of the assignment
- The objective of this project is to prepare and implement applicable organizational directives for TWSSEs below level four and training manual and material for level of town water supply and sewerage enterprises of the region and make the TWSSE self-reliance. Under these objectives, the assignments of the consultant include;
Implementation policy directive (broad implementation guideline)
- Management directive for TWSSE below level four as per proclamation number 170/2017 article 6 (Organizational structure *(job analysis, job design, job description, job evaluation and job grading), salary & benefit survey)
- Operational manuals (i.e. Finance manual, Procurement and materials management manuals, human resource management manuals, Governing committee guideline (as per regulation number 160/2018 article 9), Management committee guidelines, Capacity building and operational materials /manuals, for Tariff setting manual and Business planning manual, Utility planning and budgeting manual and Utility management and leadership manuals and Performance agreement and management
The SNNP Water, Mines, and Energy Development Bureau now invites eligible consulting firms (Consultants) to indicate their interest of Expression in providing the services. Interested Consulting firms must provide information that they are qualified to perform the Services including:
Brief description of the adequacy of the Consulting firm to respond to the assignment (maximum 2 pages),
Documentation justifying general qualification: brochures, financial information as turnover over the last 4 years, technical and managerial organization of the firm, general qualification, and availability of appropriate skills among staff,
Experience in similar conditions over the last 4 years, Description of a similar assignments over the last 4 years (dates and duration, financing source and a brief description),
Any other relevant information.
The shortlisting criteria are Core business and years in business, qualification, and experience in the field of assignment, organizational, managerial, and technical capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of key staff but not individual experts bio data.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method. Consultants should have renewed Certificate of Registration/compliance, trade license.
Hence, those interested consultants fulfilling the above requirements are invited to apply for submission of interest within 15 days (including holidays) after the last date of publication on The Ethiopian Herald Newspaper. The submission date will be the next day after 15 days at 3:00 PM. If the submission date overlaps with Holiday, the next working day will be the submission date.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday @8:30 A.M-5:30 P.M. Expressions of interest in a written form accompanied with relevant documents must be delivered to the address below:
Address:SNNP Regional State Water, Mine & Energy Development Bureau In front of Hawassa University, Main Campus Room No: 1st floor, P/F/P/Ad/Directorate, Room No. 102,
Tel: 251-46-2126429 or 251-462212427 Fax: 251-462-206998 or 251-46-2203939