Public Enterprises Holdings and Administration Agency
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
For SELECTION OF A CONSULTING FIRM
Expressions of Interest
Program: TA Program to Support Economic Reforms in Ethiopia (CET1083)
- Employer: The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia- Public Enterprises Holding and Administration Agency (PEHAA)
- Bid Reference No: PEHAA/TCB/C/001/2020
- Assignment Title: Strategic Assessment of Selected State-Owned Enterprises (SOES) at PEHAA
- Opening Date for Auction: December 27, 2020
- Auction Closing Date: January 29, 2021
The Public Enterprises Holding and Administration Agency (PEHAA, hereafter the Agency) has received a grant from Agence Française de Development (“AFD”) and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following project: Procurement of Consultancy Services for Strategic Assessment of Selected State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) at PEHAA.
The Growth and Transformation Plan II and the recently adopted Home-Grown Economic Reform (HGER) agenda aims to transform Ethiopia from a largely agrarian low-income country to an industrialized lower-middle-income country in 2030. One of the massive pillars to implement the reform agenda is the transformation of State-Owned Enterprises (SOES).
Accordingly, the Agency is established under Proclamation No. 445/2019 and is mandated to ensure the effectiveness, competitiveness, and profitability of its SOEs; develop modern corporate governance structures, manage and report on SOE performance; supervise the governance and management of all SOEs; and recommend new investment areas, including through amalgamation, division, and privatization of SOES.
To this effect, the overall project objective is to conduct an in-depth and comprehensive strategic assessment of five selected SOEs in multiple industries, including The Ethiopian Engineering Group, Ethiopian Chemical Industry Corporation, Ethiopian Business Trading Corporation, Ethiopian Pulp and Paper Share Company, and Berhanena Selam Printing Press.
The corresponding tasks of the consultant (the Services) to achieve the aforementioned project objective will typically include completing, at least, the following sub-tasks:
- Task 1: Strategic Assessment of SOES on seven themes (Competitive business environment analysis, Financial and operational performance diagnosis, Corporate governance reforms and practices, Portfolio and business model analysis, Enterprise risk management diagnosis, Enterprise performance management and Enterprise human resource development)
- Task 2: Benchmarking findings from the in-depth strategic assessment against best international regional and local best practices
- Task 3: Strategy development (business development, human resource development, resource mobilization and communication, strategies)
- Task 4: Develop a strategic implementation plan/roadmap
Note: Other tasks not presented here may be included in the Request for Proposals transmitted to the shortlisted consultants.
The FDRE-PEHAA now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. All forms/required documents needed for submitting the Expression of Interest are available on the websites at https://tenders-afd.dgmarket.com/ Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by mail, e-mail, or fax, on or before 3:00 pm Addis Ababa time on or before January 29, 2021, preferably by e-mail.
Address: FDRE, Public Enterprises Holding and Administration Agency Attention: Procurement & Finance
Gerji, In front of the former Imperial Hotel, Room No.003
Telephone: +251 116 60 93 31/0912040865/0911859839/0944338236
E-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org Contact person: Shewangizaw Wessene (Focal point) and Aderajew Tamiart (Resident Project Manager)
Interested Applicants may obtain further information at the above adrress during office hours between 8:30 am to 4:00 pm