Ministry of Transport
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR
CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR EVENT ORGANIZER IN
ROAD SAFETY MASS MEDIA CAMPAIGN
- COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia-Ministry of Transport (MOT)
- NAME OF PROJECT: Road Safety and Institutional development support to the transport sector-Component 3
- Project ID: P148850 IDA Credit No: 5625ET
- Procurement Reference: ET-RSIDP-192019-CS-CDS
- Assignment Title: Procurement of Event Organizer for Road Safety Mass Media Campaign
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Expressway Development Support Project (P148850): Road Safety and Institutional Development Support to the Transport Sector (RSIDP Component-3). The Ministry of Transport, the program implementing agency, intends to apply part of the proceeds to eligible payments under the contract for Procurement of Mass media service/Event organizer to undertake Road safety Media campaign in 2013Ec From Pagume to pagume.
The service is to contribute to the overall objective of component 3: Road safety and Institutional Development support to the transport sector.
Road Safety and Institutional Development Support to the Transport Sector is one of the three components of the Expressway Development Support Project aimed to provide through its sub-component 3(a), support to the implementation of the Road Safety through the Safe System” approach, and through its sub-component 3(b), and support to strengthen the policy, planning and monitoring functions of MOT.
This plan will be implemented through different events like the Road Safety Mass Media Campaign, which aims to carry out the theme of the 2013 EFY “From Pagame to Pagume, “We will get there! In the plan, the five pillars of road safety, road safety management, safe road use, education and awareness creation, safe vehicles, safe road use, emergency response will be carried out at a nationwide via road safety mass media campaigns, and different events to raise public awareness on major the issues.
The main objectives of this plan are:
1. By mobilizing stakeholders, the community, and the political leadership to significantly achieve the intended target of reducing traffic accident from 40 per vehicles 10,000 to a minimum of half from the overall number of road traffic accidents nationwide as per the Target 3.6: By 2020, halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents.
- a. Reducing the risk of death and disability in a traffic crash
- b. Reducing the economic and social crisis in the country due to traffic crashes
1. All sections of society are aware of the seriousness of traffic accidents and take responsibility for their efforts to solve the problem that is the adoption of safe systems approach through all sectors involved in/with the road user.
In order to achieve the above purpose, the following specific objectives are set out on which implementation strategies shall be developed.
- Conducting awareness campaigns on a different street to show the severity of the issues through public engagement, mass media, billboard, flyers, and other Information Education and Communication(IEC ) resources
- Address the potential stakeholders, like traffic police, drivers, taxi, and truck drivers on the above in AA.
- Undertake awareness creation program on drivers’ behaviors using a well-defined behavior change model.
- Conducted awareness creation through community discussion event in different sub-city
- Involve EMS and fire evacuation services to demonstrate and create awareness of campaign events
- Involve schools to develop child road safety awareness campaign events.
- Involve Traffic Police and volunteers in all awareness campaign events.
- The banners and billboard messages put in expressway/toll and main roads at least for the coming one year.
- Engaging School media club, School authorities, and school buses in Volunteer traffic activities by providing IEC resources
Scope of Tasks
As the detail of the annual activities annexed on this TOR, the road safety mass media campaign events will be hosted at the national level. Due to a shortage of human resources, and other limitations, the event organizer will work in five regions Oromia, Amhara, Tigray, SNNPR, and Addis Ababa Though, most of the activities will be hosted in Addis Ababa as a federal government city. The event organizer is expected to work on the following core activities and develop the execution strategies for every single event.
Below are the detailed requirements/specifications for the services and tasks being requested under the service of the event Organizer.
- Research Design
- Organize and manage Meetings
- Organize and Manage Street Events as listed in the annual program (such as car-free day, cycling day, street campaign etc.)
- Development of Communication material and Dissemination
- Stage, backdrop, and presentation details
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Duration of the assignment
The selected firm is expected to commence the assignment immediately upon signing the contract. The contract duration will be starting from the contract signing date up to Sep 10, 2021.
The details of time stamps are provided in the ToR.
Firm Qualification Requirement
The required event organizer to execute these tasks shall be a local (i.e. Ethiopian company) with a minimum 5 years of experience in mass media communication, marketing, production and event organizing; along with certain international experiences or linkage with international consultants/ firm(s) in the field of developing, managing, organizing and conducting road safety or similar awareness campaigns. Thus, such kind of combined local and international experience will provide a platform to explore local issues in the context of international best practices or approaches towards organizing such events. Based on the requirements that indicated, the following team is proposed and expected to be on board as the event organizer representative technical experts.
The team of experts such as Team Lead/ Event Manager, Senior Event Coordinator and Marketing Manager, Social and Behavioral Change Communication Expert, RS Expert and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager.
The Ministry of Transport is now inviting eligible and qualified National level Event organizers of the firm based to indicate their interest to provide services for the Road Safety Mass Media Campaign
Interested Event organizers should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience on Road Safety Mass Media Campaign
Firms may include any relevant information that may indicate their experience and relevance for the assignment. This may include: brochures, core business. years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, number of key staffs, availability of appropriate skills among staffs, general qualifications etc.
The following criteria will be used to access the Expression of Interest documents.
- Core business and years in business,
- Specific experience on Road Safety Mass Media Campaigns,
- Technical capability and Managerial Organization of the firm,
- General Qualification and Number of key staffs as well as availability of appropriate skills among staff necessary for successful implementation of the assignment (no need to provide CVs at this stage)
The detailed professional qualification, skills, experience required, all the tasks will be specified and detailed in the Terms of Reference to be provided upon request.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July other 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
National Event organizers may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications, along with certain international experience or linkage with international firms in the field of developing, managing, organizing, and conducting road safety or similar awareness campaigns
The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the service proposes to establish
A firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines” through a Quality and Cost based selection-QCBS).
Event organizers may obtain further information and ToR by requesting from the address below during working days and office hours, 8.30 a.m-12.30 p.m. and 1.30 p.m-5.30 p.m from Monday to Thursday. Office hours on Fridays are 8.30a.m-11.30a.m. and 1.30p.m-5.30p.m.
Expressions of interest along with documentary evidence can be delivered or sent by Courier, through Email: email@example.com, with a copy to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or send to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the Road Safety Mass Media Campaign, on or before November 3, 2020, 16:00 pm Addis Abeba local time.
To: – Ministry of Transport,
Attn: Road Safety & Implementation Support Project Coordination
Churchill Street., Near Ethiopian Postal services Enterprise,
4th floor Conference Room
P.O.Box 1238, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia