The Ministry of Finance (MoF)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Project: Ethiopia Digital Foundations Project (P171034)
Assignment Title: Project Implementation Unit (PIU) Coordinator
Reference No. ET-MOFEC-COPCU-185685-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Finance (Mor), has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ethiopia Digital Foundation Project (“Digital Ethiopia”) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Ministry wants to engage qualified and experienced Project Implementation Unit Coordinator who will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, control, and successful completion of the activities under the Digital Ethiopia
The objective of the service is to assist the Ministry of innovation and Technology (MinT) Project implementation Unit(PIU) in managing staff efforts with respect to contracting, financial management and reporting, contract supervision and other relevant aspects of the PIU operation and also ensure project activities are conducted in accordance with the GoE and World Bank requirements.
The PIU Coordinator services (“the Services”) include the following but not limited to:
- Overall project coordination to ensure timely implementation and completion of all project deliverables, Ensure the requirements, criteria, policies, procedures and organizational arrangements and the Financing Agreement are followed and applied.
- Coordinate within the Ministry of Finance (MoF) with regard to the implementation of procurement processes, financial management, social and environmental safeguards procedures and overall monitoring of the project progress and liaise with to exchange project information to facilitate the oversight function and to coordinate the process of review and approval of the Annual Project Implementation Plan (PIP) and requests for budgetary allocations.
- ensure that the Project Implementation Plan (PIP) is closely monitored and properly updated on a monthly/ quarterly basis, and disseminated with all the key stakeholders and
- Coordinate that the Project Operational Manual (POM) is properly reviewed and updated, project objectives and targets are on track, and that the World Bank policies and procedures are observed and followed during implementation
- Liaise with the World Bank Task Team leader and World Bank staff and facilitate
- Requests for No Objection and all documents that require prior Bank approval.
- Coordinate and support the planning of World Bank supervision missions and act as the local counterpart.
Contract Term: The PIU Coordinator will be hired initially for the contract period of six (6) months with possibility of extension based on performance and availability budget
Qualification and experience: The qualification and experience required for consultants who would like to apply for the service should possess the following minimum criteria
- A Master’s degree in economics, business administration, management, MBA or relevant field. (PhD degree in a related field would be an added advantage);
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in project management, in a top leadership capacity out of which at least 3 years are in coordinating/implementing economic development projects;
- Proven project management skills, including planning, coordinating, monitoring and reporting;
- Experience in the delivery and project management of telecommunications sector projects will be an advantage. Excellent understanding of Financial Management (budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements);
- Knowledge of procurement methods and/or familiarity with the World Bank fiduciary arrangements;
- Proven ability to work with partners including donors, bilateral organizations and governments (preferably with 4 years’ experience on donor-funded projects);
- Experience in leading project financed by external donors such as the World Bank, African Development Bank and also have knowledge of policies and procedures of the World Bank;
- Strong analytical, technical writing, public presentation, stakeholder communication skills
The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should send expressions of interest, together with information demonstrating that they have the required qualification and relevant experience to perform the service (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, qualifications, and so forth) by providing CVs, and supporting documents
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”) revised November 2017 and August 2018, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant (Section V) method set out in the Procurement Regulations. Further information can be obtained, by email at the address below during office hours from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Addis Ababa time
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, on or before November 25, 2020, but preferably by e-mail.
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Finance
Attn: Channel One Programs Coordinating Directorate
Address: Arada Sub city, Woreda 11/12, MoF building, 4th Floor,
Room No 403, Sidist Kilo in front of Lion Cage park,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia