The Ministry of Finance (MoF)
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
Issuing date of the IFB:
Name of Country: Ethiopia
Name of Project: Public Finance Management (PFM) Project
Credit No: IDA 57660
IFB Title:-Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Network Infrastructure and Related Hardware for the Ethiopia E-GP system
- This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on DB Reference Nº: WB 1067/03-16 Posted on March 8/2016.
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of the Public Finance Management (PFM) Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Supply, Installation, and Commissioning of Network Infrastructure and Related Hardware for the Ethiopia E-GP system.
- The Ministry of Finance (MOF) serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Supply, Installation, and Commissioning of Network Infrastructure and Related Hardware for the Ethiopia E-GP system.
Scope of Work
- Establish a Networking and Security infrastructure in the existing data center for monitoring and managing the e-GP system
- Setup Network Operations Centers NOC) systems
- Provide Origin Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) supports and maintenance for the supplied hardware and software.
- Provide on job training to the technical resources that supplied hardware and software
- Supply and Delivery the following items:
- Firewalls with license
- Security Management software
- Core witches and Distribution switches with licenses
- SFP modules
- 42U Racks and
- 10 Kva UPS
4. Bidding will be conducted using the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, edition of December 2011 and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines, that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
- Must have 3 years’ experience involving hardware delivery, installation and support, for a similar Assignment
- Must be able to provide in-country support for the software and equipment being tendered. Bidders entirely from outside Ethiopia
- must demonstrate their capabilities for providing effective in country support
- Must have undertaken at least one (1) successful (i.e. signed off and accepted as a fully operational system) implementations of the proposed Assignment with a similar nature and complexity during the last 3 years. These implementations must have involved the supply, installation and technical support
- The bidder must be financially stable, with a minimum average annual turnover of Four Hundred fifty Thousand United States Dollars (US$450,000.00), calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, with in the last three (3) years. In case of a Joint Venture, the turn over requirement should be fulfilled jointly by the partners. Bidders must have capacity to have a cash flow amount of US Seventy Five Thousand ($ 75000.00) or equivalent. As a proof of financial stability, Bidders (and in the case of a joint venture all partners) must submit audited financial statements or if not required by law in the party’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the purchaser, for the past three (3) years to demonstrate, the current soundness of their financial position
- For the Bidder (and in the case of a joint venture for each of the partners in a submission), nonperformance of a contract did not occur within the last (5) years prior to the tender submission, based on all information on fully settled disputes or litigation. A fully settled dispute or litigation is one that has been resolved in accordance with the dispute resolution mechanism under the respective contract, and where all appeal instances to the applicant have been exhausted. The bidder must submit Manufacturer Authorization Certificate, Manufacturing ISO Quality Certificate or the Equivalent
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Finance, Channel One Programs Coordinating Directorate, main building 6th floor room 621 and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below’ from 09:00 to 12.00 and 14:00 to 17:00 hours Monday to Friday
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested Bidders upon payment of non-refundable fee of 100 Ethiopian birr the method of payment will be cash.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address December 16, 2020 and Time 2:00pm.Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security. The amount of Bid Security required is ETB 200,000 (ETB Two Hundred Thousand). Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 16 Dec-20 and Time 2:30 pm
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
Ministry of Finance, (MoF)
Channel One Program Coordinating Directorate (COPCD)
MoF Main Building
Sidist Kilo, Yekatit 12 Square, King George Avenue
Main Building 4th Floor, ROOM NO-403,
Addis Abba, Ethiopia
Fax. 251-11-1-57 24 14