Ministry of Agriculture
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES-FIRMS SELECTION)
- Name of Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Name of Project: INCLUSIVE AND SUSTAINABLE VALUE CHAIN DEVELOPMENT
- PROJECT (ISVCDP)
- Assignment Title: Technical assistance to increase women participation in value chains activities, to improve diet diversification through the promotion of nutrition-sensitive agriculture
- Reference No. ET-MOAISVCDP-12021-CS-QCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the Italian Development Cooperation Agency toward the cost of the Inclusive and Sustainable Value Chain Development Project (ISVCDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the services”) include the following tasks among others:
- The role of women in the selected value chains has improved;
- Enhancing women’s participation in cooperative actions (pre-cooperative groups, primary cooperatives, unions)Organize training of trainers;
- Improving female cooperative members’ leadership skills and competences
- Creating and supporting women and youth pre-cooperative groups and cooperatives specialized in processing and marketing of products
- Training government services and cooperatives’ leaders on gender based constraints and women and youth inclusiveness
- Disseminating productive time-saving technologies specifically designed for women
- Diet diversification has increased within the target communities
- Strengthening extension services capacities in regard to nutrition aspects and linkages between different institutions involved
- Creating or supporting women’s groups for the management of demonstration gardens for fruit and vegetables and promoting home gardens cultivation and practices
- Carrying out awareness campaigns targeting rural communities on the linkages among agriculture/nutrition/health
- Promoting knowledge among various institutions (including the private sectors) on nutrition-sensitive agriculture
- Promoting culinary demonstrations and the introduction of food processing techniques at the household level (fruit and vegetables) to increase the nutritional value of food
The estimated implementation period is for 3 months. The Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualification and Experience of the firm in the field of assignment, technical and managerial capabilities of the firm, their core business and years in business, and general qualification of key staffs but not individual experts’ biodata
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines. Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers “Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants Under IBRD Loan and IDA Credits by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment: Bank policy requires that consultants provide professional, objective, and impartial advice and at all times hold the client’s interests paramount, without any consideration for future work, and that in providing advice they avoid conflicts with other assignments and their own corporate interests. Consultants shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or that may place them in a position of being unable to carry out the assignment in the best interest of Borrower.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS ) method set out in the Procurement Guideline of the World Bank.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: (from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM and from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM hours through phone Telephone: 0116462285/460743, 2519116 81222
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by November 30. 2020 before or at 10:00 AM
Attn: Ato Ashenafi Getach/ Getachew/Degayehu Desso
Procurement Directorate, CMC Road, Gurd Shola area behind Geological survey. Block B, Room number
B-1-2, City: Addis Ababa, Bole Sub City, P.O. Box 4650,
Telephone: 0116462285/460743, 251911681222
The Federal Democratic Republic Of Ethiopia Ministry Of Agriculture