Ministry of Agriculture
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES-FIRM SELECTION)
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE)
- Name of Project: Livestock and Fisheries Sector Development Project (LFSDP p159382)
- Credit No.: 61650-ET
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for Livestock and Fisheries Extension and Advisory Services (EAS) through the good animal husbandry practices (GAHP), good aquaculture and fisheries practices (GAFP) and Farmer Field School Approaches.
- PRN: ET-MOLF-155488-CS-QCBS
The FDRE Ministry of Agriculture has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Livestock and Fisheries Sector Development Project (LFSDP p159382), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Objectives of the Consultancy
The overall objective of the consultancy work is to improve livestock and fishery sector extension and advisory services through developing a livestock and fishery extension road map, Standard Ethiopian good animal husbandry practices and good aquaculture and fishery practices (GAHP/GAFP), and establishing L&F-FSS The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- i. To develop an Ethiopian livestock sector EAS vision, strategy and road map focusing primarily on the highlands and mixed crop-livestock production systems, inland fisheries and aquaculture.
- ii. To develop, build up on the existed Eth-GAP and support the introduction and adaptation to the Ethiopian Good Animal Husbandry Practices (GAHP) and Good Aquaculture and Fisheries Practices (GAFP) approaches.
- iii. To establish and support the introduction and adaptation to the Ethiopian context of specialized adult training through the Livestock and Fisheries Farmer Field School (L&F FFS) approach.
The Ministry of Agriculture, LFSDP, now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The shortlisting criteria are: 1) Eligibility, 2) Core business and years in business, 3) general and specific experience and qualification in the field of assignment,
4) organizational and managerial capabilities of the firm, and 5) Number of key staff but not individual experts’ bio data etc.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers [dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays.
Expressions of interest (including all relevant documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by mail, or by e-mail) by June 25, 2020 on or before 4:00 pm
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture,
Street Address: CMC Road, behind
Ethiopian Geological Survey
Floor/ Room number: Block B; 1st Floor,
Room number 1-2, Tel: +251 0116462285