Ministry of Agriculture, ግብርና ሚኒስቴር, http://www.moa.gov.et
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES-FIRM SELECTION)
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Name of Project: Livestock and Fisheries Sector
- Development Project (LFSDP p159382)
- Credit No.: 6165-ET
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Services of Technical Assistance for Performance Recording in Dairy Cattle and Terrestrial and Aquatic animal Genetic Improvement
The FDRE Ministry of Agriculture has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Livestock and Fisheries Sector Development Project (LFSDP p159382), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Objectives of the Consultancy
The overall objective of the TA work is to improve the enabling environment and strengthen the institutional and organizational capacity of key actors of the livestock and fisheries sectors in order to provide effective livestock and fisheries services. The component will Assist in building immediate and long-term human, organizational and institutional capacity of the MoA/ NAGII to contribute to Strategic National Program/SNP in conservation and improvement of Indigenous/local breeds of terrestrial and aquatic genetic resources.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- i. Giving technical and advisory support on animal breeding and performance recording system,
- ii. Contributing the conservation and improvement of Indigenous/local breeds of terrestrial and aquatic genetic resources,
- iii. Contributing the up-scaling of the Dairy Herd Performance Recording System (DHPRS),
The Ministry of Agriculture; LFSDP, now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria are: Eligibility, Core business and years in business, qualification and experience in the field of assignment, organizational and managerial capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of key staff but not individual experts’ biodata etc.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and DA Credits & Grants ] by World Bank Borrowers (dated January 2011 and revised July 2016 (“Consultant Guidelines”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 AM to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 PM to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 AM to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 PM to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays.
Expressions of interest (including all relevant documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by mail, or by e-mail) by May 11, 2020, on or before 4:00 pm
- The Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Procurement Directorate
- Street Address: CMC Road, behind Ethiopian Geological Survey
- Floor/ Room number: Block B; STFloor, Room number 1-2
- Tel: +251 0116462285 Addis Ababa