Ethiopian Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
INDUSTRIAL PARKS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (IPDC)
COMPETITIVENESS & JOB CREATION PROJECT (CJCP)
PROJECT ID: P143302 Credit No: IDA 6263-ET
Procurement Package Ref No.: ET-IPDC-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing re from the International Development Association (IDA) the World Bank towards the cost of implementation of the Competitiveness & Job Creation Project (CJCP). The Industrial Parks Development fi Corporation (IPDC) – an implementing agency, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the Consultancy Services of “Undertaking a Feasibility Study and Developing a Business Plan for the Restoration of Kilinto Industrial Park (QIP) People Affected Persons (PAPs) Project in Akaki Sub City, Addis Ababa City Administration”.
The objectives of the consulting services (“the services”) are but not limited to the following:
- Review existing assessments, plans, and consultation outcomes;
- Update and/or prepare detailed business assessments and consequent development plans for (i) diary activities and (ii) fodder production factory;
- Evaluate non-financial resources including the availability of working space, location, protection for property, etc.;
- Organize and invite all identified target groups for consultation meetings;
- Conduct meetings with the PAPs and the relevant government bodies, in line with Ministry of Health (MoH) requirements related to COVID19/Social Distancing, thereby presenting the different options established based on earlier consultations;
- Develop a detailed study methodology design including a timeline covering the sampling size for household consultation and share it with the relevant bodies;
- Prepare and share checklists and questionnaires;
- Conduct field visits to selected Households (HHs) in Woreda 9 and 10 of Akaki Sub City;
- Develop a business plan based on the findings of the feasibility study and share it with the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) as well as the PAPs for review and comments;
- Update the plans in accordance with the provided comments; and
- Conduct consultations and reach agreement with every single PAP household together with the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
Duration of the assignment is 60 (sixty) Calendar Days. The Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites eligible and qualified Consulting Individuals to indicate their interest in providing the Consultancy Services of “Undertaking a feasibility Study and Developing a Business Plan for the Restoration of QIP PAPs Project in Akaki Sub City”. Interested Consulting Individuals should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to the assignment as stated below.
Qualificationsof the Consultant: The consultant is expected to fulfill the following:
- Graduate Degree in Business Management, Economics, Social Sciences or other related disciplines
- Proven 5 years work experiences in business consultancy;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting feasibility studies for similar projects;
- Good understanding of the relevant laws and policies in the country;
- Strong analytical skills and experience in applied research;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Amharic and English;
- Strong computer abilities (Microsoft Office applications);
Consulting Individuals may include any relevant information that may indicate their experience and relevance for the assignment. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines” through anIndividual Consultant.
The individual consultant should fulfil the following eligibility criteria to be considered for the assignment.
- Three references (with contact information) from previous clients;
- Registered as a tax payer along with relevant competence certificate
The consultant should submit the technical proposal and financial proposal (indicating daily rate) in a separate sealed envelope. Further information can be obtained at the address below from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM hours on Fridays during working days and office hours.
Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the Consultancy Service of”Undertaking a Feasibility Study and Developing a Business Plan for the Restoration of QIP PAPs Project in Akaki Sub City” Procurement Package Reference No.:ET-IPDC-CS-INDV on or before December 9,2020 up to 5:00 P.M. Addis Ababa Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation, Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite Kenya Embassy, HA-BETBuilding, 3rd Floor, Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA.