GIZ Office Addis Ababa
Invitation to Bid
Reference No. 83369566
The GIZ – Special Initiative Program is looking for a consulting firm who are eligible to participate in this public bid, are herewith requested to submit their proposals “to support in Monitoring and Evaluation Data Collection”.
Interested bidders who fulfill the following criteria can request the bid document starting from Monday, December 14, 2020, 8:30 am via an email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications of the Consultants
Expert 1: Team leader
Tasks of the team leader
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor Planning, organization, coordination and implementation of the data collection process.
- Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality).
- Staff management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts.
- Ensuring that monitoring procedures are carried out according to the project’s requirements;
- Reporting in accordance with project deadlines;
- Data entry into Special Initiative’s Information System (Introduction to the system will be provided by the GIZ)
- Evaluation of data for reporting and presentation
-Qualifications of the team leader
- University degree (Master’s) in Economic Statistics, Economics with special focus on Statistics, Agro-economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, or similar subject
- Language proficiency of Amharic. Knowledge English C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- 10 years of professional experience in the market surveys/ observations, statistics, business monitoring, of which 2 years on another continent (international context)
- 5 years of professional experience with data collection from businesses and enterprises in the agricultural and agro-processing sector;
- 4 years of management/leadership experience as a project team leader/manager in a company
- 6 years of work experience in Ethiopia, or the Horn of Africa.
- 3 years of experience working with DC projects, preferably in the field of M&E.
Expert 2: Liaison Officer
Tasks of the team leader
- acting as a contact point regarding the data collection activities
- facilitating meetings and cooperation among all sides involved in the M&E activities
- identifying problems in communications among the different parties involved and finding effective solutions;
- facilitating effective knowledge management
- facilitating and ensuring effective and efficient communication, coordination and collaboration
Qualifications of the liaison officer
- University degree (BSc) in Economic Statistics, Economics with special focus on Statistics, Agro-economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, or similar subject
- Language proficiency of Amharic. Very good working knowledge in English
- 5 years of professional experience in market surveys/observations, statistics, business monitoring,
- 5 years of professional experience with data collection from businesses and enterprises;
- 3 years of management/leadership experience as team leader or manager;
- 5 years of work experience in Ethiopia, or the Horn of Africa.
- Experience working with DC projects is an asset.
Expert pool (up to 20 experts)
The contractor shall work together with a team of experts to collect the data; the number of experts may vary depending on the amount of work (data collection through physical meetings or through digital means) and shall be agreed between the Project Management, the M&E Team, and is subject to approval.
A statement of availability for individual experts or for this expert pool must be attached to the tender as an annex.
Tasks of the expert pool
- Collect baseline data at the beginning of each measure with project partners;
- Collect data from the project’s beneficiaries (companies and individuals) quarterly and with standardized questionnaires (business surveys and tracer studies) throughout the project period (until 31. October 2022); this includes follow-up data from project’s beneficiaries after the end of a measure with the specific beneficiary:
- If needed, assistance with data entry in accordance to project’s requirements;
- Coordination of the activities with the team leader and Si Agro Processing team.
- Qualifications of the expert pool
- All experts with a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Agro-economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, or similar subject;
- All experts with language proficiency in Amharic and English; data collectors shall have a proficiency in the local language according to the geographical area of focus;
- All experts with experience in the market surveys/observations, statistics, business monitoring, or similar.
- All experts with at least 1 year of specific professional experience with data collection in the agricultural and agro-processing sector in one or several of the following regions: Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray.
- All experts must have work experience in their region of assignment,
Soft skills of team members
- In addition to their specialist qualifications, all team members should also have the following qualifications:
- Communication skills
- Efficient partner- and client-focused working methods
- Team skills
- Social and intercultural skills
- Interdisciplinary thinking
All bids must be delivered/submitted physically to the address below at or before 5:00 pm local time on Monday, December 28, 2020.
GIZ- Office, Kazanchis, Addis Ababa
Near Jupiter Hotel
Bloom Tower 9th Floor
Bidders should submit their Technical and Financial Proposals as per the issued tender document.
GIZ – SI Project reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.