Gambella Regional Water and Irrigation Resources Development Bureau
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Consulting Services – Firms Selection)
Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Name of Project: ONE WASH National Program Phase II
Credit No : IDA64450 (Project ID-P167794)
Assignment Title: Selection and Employment of Consulting Firm for Feasibility Study and detail Design, Business Plan preparation and Capacity Building of six rural Woredas and four small towns of Water Supply & Sanitation Projects.
Reference No. ET-GAMBELLA-RWB-151886-CS-QCBS
1 The Government of Ethiopia has received a Credit from the International Development Association IDA) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
2. The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- 2.1 The consultant is expected to review sector policy and development strategy documents to be well acquainted with the sectors requirement in fulfilling his assignment.
- 2.2 The consultant is expected to use primary and secondary data to carryout reconnaissance water supply status study to identify Kebeles/Villages/Gots most prone to the water supply problem.
- 2.3. The consultant should carry out consultation with the Woreda and Regional water sector stakeholders on the outcome of the reconnaissance study and agree on the Kebeles/Villages/Gots for which a feasibility study needs to be done, source.
- 2.4 The consultant is expected to carry out geological, hydrogeological, hydrological and geophysical study of the potential water sources (groundwater, surface water, spring, etc.) of the area and determine the location of the intake site (borehole drilling site, surface water intake site, spring, etc.) and the expected safe yield of the source
- 2.5 Cutting edge technologies like GIS, remote sensing from high-resolution platforms and robust techniques have to be deployed for investigation of resilient water sources and have to be validated & justified with possible ground trashing.
- 2.6 The consultant is expected to carry out detail design of the feasible option including the technical design (analytical report, technical drawings. specifications, engineering cost estimate), environmental studies, the water tariff for cost recovery and its affordability with the willingness to pay, the project implementation plan and the bid document.
- 2.7 Water demand computation has to take in to account the prevailing sector standards, include institutions like schools, health facilities and others.
- 2.8 Livestock watering has to be considered if there is no perennial preference within reasonable distance in the area and all possible options have to be thought for optimal system design.
3. The GAMBELLA NATIONAL REGIONAL STATE, BUREAU OF WATER & IRRIGATION RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listing criteria are:
- core business and years in business;
- relevant experience;
- technical and managerial capability of the firm.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
4. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
6. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS (Quality and Cost Based Selection) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
7. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 7:30 A.M to 12:30AM & 3:30 PM to 5:30 P.M.
8. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 20, August 2020 at 4:00 P.M.
9. Consultants could obtain further information or clarification with the following address:
The Gambella Peoples National Regional State, Water & Irrigation Resource Development Bureau, Regional Project Coordination Unit, Room No. 1
Attention: Ato Makbadi Ochan, Water Projects Study,
Design, Approval & Supervision
Directorate Director / Ato Tesema Tumso, Senior
Tel: +251 47-551-0407/+251 47-551-0091, Fax: +251 47551-0688, P.O. Box 140
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ,