Food and Agriculture Organization, Food and Agriculture Organization
THE FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS SUB REGIONAL OFFICE FOR EASTERN AFRICA (SFE) AND FAO REPRESENTATION
IN ETHIOPIA, TO THE AU AND THE UN ECA
is requesting Expressions of Interest (EOI) from eligible firms in anticipation of a tender Call for Expression of Interest for Suppliers in Addis Ababa and in the various regions of Ethiopia (for suppliers registered and established in Ethiopia only)
- Date of REOI: Tuesday 28 April 2020
- Closing Date for Receipt of EOI: Thursday 30 May 2020
- Reference: EOI/2020/SFEXD/SFEXD/105331
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Potential Vendor Registration
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) for its operations in Ethiopia is updating its roster of Potential Local Vendors, at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and at field level. In this context, FAO is publishing this Expression of Interest (EOI) and therefore, invites potential vendors to express their interest. Kindly note that the Expression of Interest (EOI) includes an application form that is as well launched on www.ungm.org under the same subject mentioned above.
The application form can be found at www.ungm.org. For suppliers 1.110 are based in the field locations such as (SNNP-Hawassa, Afar-Awash Sebat, Tigray-Mekele, Amhara-Bahir Dar and Somali-Jijiga) and who are not able to access the internet in a reasonable time, while they proceed with their registration on www.ungm.org, can collect the application form at the various field FAO’s offices. However, the submission must be done through www.ungm.org only.
Interested suppliers should submit their qualifying documentation including the application form no later than Thursday 30 May 2020 at 14.00 a.m. Addis Ababa’s time*
- Suppliers_who_submit_their_Expression_of_Interest_(EOI)_beyond_the closing date will also be reviewed and eventually_be_included_in_the_roster for future solicitations
In order to qualify, the companies intending to bid must certify to be in possession of the following documents/certificates and that the documented evidence will be provided when responding to the aforementioned tender:
- FAO’s application form fully completed, signed and stamped by the supplier
- Copy of government registration certificate and operation licenses including VAT Registration from Ethiopia authorities
- All required documentation listed in the application form Confirmation of relevant years of experience for the required services or supply of goods
- Confirmation and evidence of banking account in the name of the entity
- Prices are not required at this stage.
- This request for EOI (REOI) does not constitute a solicitation. Submitting an EOI does not automatically guarantee receipt of the solicitation document when issued.
- FAO reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final solicitation document.
- FAO reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the
- REOI and/or solicitation process, without any obligation to inform the interested
- bidders of the grounds for FAO’s action.
- Chimimba David Phiri
FAO Sub regional Coordinator for Eastern Africa, and
FAO Representative to the African Union and UNECA