Federal Urban Job Creation & Food Security Agency
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Urban Productive Safety Net and Job Project (UPSNJP) Grant No. D732-ET
Assignment Title: Selection of Individual Consultant (senior project manager for refugee and host integration subcomponent] Ref #. ET-UJCFSA-208957-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank to the cost of the Urban Productive Safety Net and Job Project (UPSNJP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The Individual Consulting Service (The Services) includes providing support to the Public Works Directorate and FPCU in JOBFSA in leading project development and implementation. The Individual consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities, among others; The services include:
1. To progress project design and implementation, manage consensus-building engagement and preparation of documents among the PCU/ JOBFSA’s Public Works directorate, World Bank, ARRA, UNHCR, local authorities and other stakeholders as needed. This will include support to:
- Drafting and finalizing agreements around key project documents with ARRA, including a Memorandum of Understanding, implementation plan and guidelines to be annexed to the UPSNJP Project Implementation Manual Provide leading technical advice and co-ordinate secretariat meetings of the RHISN technical committee, including World Bank, ARRA, regional partners as needed Manage the drafting of other project documents, involving FPCU staff and partners as needed
2. Manage the work of refugee protection and targeting consultant, reporting to the Safety Net director in UJCFSA and co-coordinating support functions in the FPCU, including procurement, FM, citizen’s engagement, M&E arrangements
- The assignment will be for one year, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance of the consultant, Required Competencies
- A Degree in public policy, business, law, management, applied social sciences or other relevant discipline, a Master’s level qualification will be a great advantage
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience with projects of similar scope and requirements, a minimum of 5 of which in middle or senior managerial role.
- Substantial experience in successful management of complex public-sector projects or portfolios
- Experience in project management in the space of refugee policy, internal displacement response or social protection in Ethiopia is ideal Substantial experience in co-ordinating work across agencies and departments in the Government of Ethiopia and with an international organization; previous knowledge or experience working with the abovementioned institutions is ideal.
- Excellent communication skills, including outstanding written and spoken Amharic and English.
- Excellent organizational skills including time management, work planning, responsiveness to correspondence with partners, and follow-up with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership skills, including in bringing in stakeholders from multiple organizations with different agendas not always aligned and striking compromises that help the project to progress. Very good IT skills, in particular working with document drafting and project management software such as MS Office suite.
- The Federal Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency now invites eligible individual consultants/specialists to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualification and Experience as senior project coordinator specifically in World Bank-financed project and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in theConsultant Guidelines.
- Remunerations will be negotiable and depends on qualification and experience of the candidate. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 to 12:00 am in the morning and from 2:00 to 5:00 pm local time in the afternoon.
- Expressions of interest including recent and comprehensive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents must be delivered in a written form (in person, or by e-mail) to the address below, latest by 08 February 2021 at 5:30 PM.
Federal Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency, Productive Safety Net and Job Project, Around Sengatera, Near to Wabe shebele Hotel , Yobek Commercial center., 14th Floor, project procurement section, Attn: -Debebe Barud, UPSNP project coordinator
Telephone number 251-115-5577346
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or
Attn: Yihenew Mengstie Procurement specialist E-mail: email@example.com
Country: – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia