Federal Transport Authority
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
‘(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
FEDERAL TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (FTA)
TRANSPORT SYSTEMS IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (TRANSIP)
Credit No.: ET-S1860
Assignment Title: Financial Management Expert
Reference No: ET-FTA-6793-CS-INDV
The Federal Government of Democratic of Republic Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Transport Systems Improvement Project (TRANSIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- prepare Petty Cash voucher, Cheque Payment voucher, Journal voucher cash receiving voucher for settlement, and debit and credit advices and supporting documentations;
- Record transactions in the accounting system of the project and assist in the maintenance of an up-to-date and reliable financial management system;
- Assist the project in general and the PIU in particular in planning, installing and implementing of accounts control, and other accounting system for the project;
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and control; support the project in (i) annual budget preparation, (ii) monitoring budget performance, (iii) ensuring that payments are supported by budget, (iv)producing monthly budget utilization report, (v)providing justifications for the reports including variance analysis, (vi) following up on commitments, and others related to FM activities.
- Ensuring that books of accounts are maintained;
- Assisting in conducting reconciliations – reconciliations of advances, receivables as well as payables, reconciliations of cash in hand and cash at Bank on a monthly basis and supporting in conducting cash counts;
- Supporting in payments following the FTA’s policies and project’s requirements including adherence to the project’s FM Manual;
- Ensuring payment of tax obligations including income taxes, withholding taxes & other payable
- Assist the PIU in the preparation of financial reports to management, World Bank, other stakeholders on monthly, quarterly and annual basis as needed. Assist in the preparation of complete list of fixed assets, -making sure that all fixed assets acquired are provided with identification number and recorded on the fixed asset registers;
- Making accounting documents available – accounting documents like Financial Management Manual, Payment Vouchers, Cash Receipt Vouchers and Journal Vouchers, Goods Receiving Vouchers, Goods/Store Issue Vouchers, and Goods Return Vouchers; Working formats like Store Control Cards, Bin Cards and Fixed Assets Registers. Ensure proper filing of accounting documents;
- Assisting the FTA team in the audit process of the project including follow up on resolution of findings for appropriate corrective actions are taken;
- Assisting the various teams visiting or seeking information including External Auditors, Bank’s implementation support missions and other higher-level finance offices;
- Assisting the FTA team in fund flow management including facilitation of disbursements from the World Bank; The expert is expected to have experience in World Bank disbursement procedures;
- Perform other. project and/or entity related financial management activities as directed by FTA;
- The Federal Transport Authority/ TRANSIP now invites eligible consulting individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevantexperience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are (but not limited to):
- The candidate should have 1st Degree in Accounting from a recognized university and a minimum of six years of practical experience in accounting and finance.
- The candidates should have experience in financial management of World Bank financed projects including their policies, procedures and operational guidelines for financial management and disbursement.
- The candidate is also expected to have skill/knowledge in the use of Peachtree accounting application software.
- Experience in the application of Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) is advantageous;
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and employment of consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by world Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) ‘(“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- An individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
- Consultants may obtain further information from the address below during office hours: 9:00- 11:30 hours14:00 – 16:30 hours from Monday to Thursday, and 8:30 -11:30 and 14:00 -16:30 hours on Friday.
- The contract will be for one year, but extendable depending on satisfactory performance and the needs of business continuity. The expert will be based in Addis Ababa, reporting to the Financial Management Specialist.
- Expressions of interest, including CV and copies of testimonials, must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or bye-mail) by 12 Sept 2020 before 15 :00 hours.
Federal Transport Authority
Transport Systems Improvement Project
Ms. Eyerusalem Tesfaye, Project Implementation Unit Head
4th floor, Room # 406,Woreda 7, Kirkos Sub-City, P.O. Box 2504
Tel +251-1-51-5842, +251-1-51-0244, Fx+251-1-51-0715
Addis Ababa. Ethiopia