FDRE Immigration Nationality And Vital Events Agency
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTERESET CONSULTING SERVICES
NAME OF PROJECT:- Health MSDG Program for result
Credit No.: 60900/UF No.A4689.
Assignment Title:- Procurement of consultaney service for the training of federal and regional CRVS Staff on planning, Monitoring and report writing
Referenee No. (as per Procurement Plan): : ET/INVEA/207385/CS/INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Immigration nationality and Vital Events Agency has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the HSDG-CRVS project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include Training on Planning, Monitoring and Report writing as per the TOR Below. The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment is :Terms of Reference on the consultancy service to conduct training for INVEA Head Office and Regional Vital Events Staff on: Planning, monitoring, evaluation and report writing
The Immigration, Nationality and Vital Events Agency (INVEA) has been working to improve the status of the civil registration system in Ethiopia. One of the major objectives of INVEA is to build the capacity of staff in Vital Events Registration Agencies through training and supportive supervision. INVEA is currently implementing CRVS strengthening activities as part of the Health Sustainable Development Goals (HSDG) project, co-financed by the World Bank and the Global Financing Facility. The project has a plan to conduct training in planning, monitoring, evaluation and report writing for CRVS-related activities, which will improve the capacities of staff working on CRVS at federal and regional levels. The training is expected to be conducted by experienced and competent consultants
2. Objectives of the Consultancy
The overall objective of the assignment is to train relevant staff at INVEA Head office and Regional Vital Events Registration Agencies in program planning, monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
3. Scope of the consultancy service
- Prepare an inception report on the roadmap for implementation of the assignment, outlining the proposed approach to the assignment.
- Undertake a competency assessment of targeted staff to determine the exact skill requirements in planning, monitoring, evaluation and report writing and develop a training plan.
- Develop a comprehensive training module (activities and materials), with a four-day training curriculum, to be delivered using modern and appropriate tools suitable for adult training and which fit with Ethiopian government planning, monitoring, and report writing templates.
- Prepare planning, monitoring, evaluation, and report writing tools relevant to CRVS, which will help trainees to design and implement CRVS activities, including annual work plans using log frame with output, result, impact indicators, budget, use of CRVS data for planning, monitoring, and evaluation; etc.
- In Monitoring, the training has to include how to develop monitoring systems, how to plan monitoring activities, how to write monitoring reports,ነ how to provide feedbacks for staff, mentoring & coaching, etc.
- Provide a hard and soft copy of the training materials to participants.
4. Deliverables and outputs
The Consultant is expected to deliver the following outputs which will have to be approved by INVEA/HSDG-CRVS Project.
- Inception report,
- The skills assessment report and training plan,
- The comprehensive training module,
- Hard & electronic copies of the training material for all trainees,
- Standardized templates for planning, monitoring, and evaluation,
- 4-day training workshop and workshop report,
- Report (one (1) hard copy and electronic copy) which, explains the overall activities of the training, feedback of trainees, etc.
5. Approach and Methodology of the study
The training is expected to use the following methodologies:
- Face-to-face training using appropriate tools,
- Group work and discussion,
- Other adult learning methods as necessary
6 Lines of Communication
The consultant will communicate and report to the HSDG/CRVS Project and Planning and Monitoring Directorate for any issues related to the training,
7. Timeframe & no. Of trainees
There will be two groups of trainees to be conducted in different times. The training for head office staff (60 trainees in two rooms) will be conducted in two consecutive weekends ( Saturdays and Sundays). INVEA has about 500 staff and regions have more than 543 staff members. Sixty (60) Regional staff members will attend the training for four consecutive days in two training rooms. The training will be conducted out of Addis Ababa most probably in Adama. The training time and Venue will be arranged by the project office,
8. qualifications and Experience
The assignment needs highly qualified and competitive individual consultants with the following experience:
- Two lead trainers should have an advanced university degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Public Policy, Strategic Planning, Demography, Economics, Statistics, Public Health or any other related field of study. The lead Trainers can have assistants.
- Minimum 12 years of experience for Masters holder) and 10 years of experience (for PhD holder) in providing training in planning, report writing, monitoring and evaluation, coaching & mentoring,
- Priority will be given for consultants who have experience in CRVS,
- Strong programme design, planning, monitoring, evaluation, and report writing skills and should have the skill in capacity development and training programs including budget preparation,
- Ability to integrate international experiences, methodologies, and training approaches with strong training facilitation techniques,
- Flexibility to adapt to any subsequent changes in the terms of reference,
The application should include the following:
- CV of trainers,
- Application letter,
- previous similar work ( Letters explaining the experience of the trainer/in similar work),
- Separate technical & financial offer.
9. Payment milestones and authority
The payment will be made at the end of completing the training. As soon as the consultants submitted the report of the training,100% of the payment will be made.
10. Criteria for selecting the best offer
The selection will be based on the qualification and experience of the consultant and then invited to negotiate the contract if the technical proposal proves to be acceptable. The Immigration nationality and Vital Events Agency-HSDG-CRVS Project now invites eligible consulting individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are required qualifications and experience of the individuals as per the TOR above.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Immigration Nationality and Vital Events Agency (INVEA-CRVS) Project Alemtsehay Adem, firstname.lastname@example.org or on office hours from 8:30am to 12:30 pm and 1:30pm to 5.00pm from Monday to Thursday, and on Friday from 8:30am to 11:30am and 1:30pm to 5.00 pm local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, by December 24,2020.
Immigration, Nationality and Vital Events Agency (INVEA-CRVS) project
2nd floor room number 37
Attn: Alemtsehay Adem, Procurement Specialist
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia