Ethiopian Herald Sep22,2020
INVITATION TO BID
OPEN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING Tender No. FP/OT/10/SC/2020
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE) Sugar Corporation has allocated budget from its own sources towards the construction cost of the 4B+G+25 (Thirty Store) Sugar Corporation Head Quarter Building Project and intends to apply part of this budget to eligible payments for the Design and Build works to be procured through International Competitive Bid (ICB).
- The project is located in Addis Ababa City, around Mexico square besides the Phillips building. A preliminary Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing designs has already been done by the Engineer. The works and services under these contracts consist of the development of final designs in strict conformity with the preliminary design and municipality regulation, preparation of detailed engineering designs and construction of the Head Quarter Building. The preliminary design documents are found in the Employer’s Requirement; section V, of this document for reference.
- The FDRE Sugar Corporation now invite bidders to submit sealed bids for providing the necessary labor, material and machineries for the design and building of the project.
- A complete set of bidding document in English can be purchased by interested bidders during office hours from the address mentioned below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Eth. Birr 5,000.00 (Birr Five Thousand) in cash.
- Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence; a. In the case of Locally Registered bidders, Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Construction or other authorized institutions, with Category GC-1 or BC-1, renewed for 2012 EFY and other appropriate documentary evidences demonstrating the bidder’s compliance, which shall include: Trading License renewed for 2012 EFY; Tax Clearance Certificate, which states that the bidder can participate in any public tender, valid at bid submission date and VAT Registration Certificate, and ii. Suppliers registration certificate, in the list of the mandated public body, i.e. public Procurement and Property Administration Agency (PPPAA). TIN b. In case of bidders other than those registered locally ; business organization registration certificate or Trade License together with all necessary legal requirements, issued by the country of establishment, authenticated by FDRE, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Tax Clearance certificate issued from the Tax Authority (Inland Revenue Authority) which allows the bidder to participate in public tenders at the date of the deadline for bid submission if the foreign bidder already has ongoing or completed project in the Country, Ethiopia.
- Bidding of this DB will be conducted through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures and is open to all eligible bidders as specified and defined in the Bidding Document.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time from Monday to Friday. A complete set of bidding document prepared in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee in an amount stated in item number 4 above, The method of payment shall be in cash or Certified Cheque /CPO issued by domestic Bank; or issued by a renowned international Bank and counter guaranteed by a domestic bank.
- Bidders shall submit their Bids in two envelopes, the first envelop labeled as “Qualification information and Bid Security and the second envelope “Financial Bid”, separate sealed and the two envelopes sealed on other outer envelope.
- Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages, Qualification Information / Technical Evaluation first and based on the Financial Bids of qualified Bidders final evaluation of a combined result next
- All bids must be accompanied by bid security: Birr 2.5 million (Two Million Five Hundred Thousand) or USD 75,000.00 (Seventy Five Thousand), The bid security shall be in original form of Unconditional Bank Guarantee or CPO from any Commercial Bank in Ethiopia. The Bid Security shall be valid for at least One Hundred Fifty (150) days after the Bid submission deadline. The bid shall remain valid for One Hundred Twenty (120) days after the bid submission deadline. Address: Sugar Corporation Head office Procurement and Logistics Office 2nd Building, 4th Floor, Room No. 402 Tel: +251-11 5516271, +251-11 5524589, Box: 20034-1000 Sub City: Kirkos, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Sealed hid marked as per the instructions given to the bidders in the tender document and addressed to the above address must be received by the BUYER at or before 2:00pm November 10,2020. The document will be received through bid box or hand delivered. No liability will be accepted by the buyer for loss or late delivery.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend on the date and address specified above 10th floor sugar corporation conference hall at 2:10pm 10 November 2020 (afternoon).
- The Employer reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
- . Partial bid is not allowed,
- Partial award shall of he granted.
- No one is allowed to duplicate or transfer the bidding document that one acquired to participate under this invitation. Legally authorized agents can collect the bidding documents for each principal they are representing.
- Bidders are seriously advised to read and comply with the instruction provided in the bidding document,
FDRE Sugar Corporation