Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia
Bid announcement for Conducting Feasibility Study and Develop a bundle of Business Plans for establishing “Private for Public-Business wing”- of FGAE
The Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE) is an Ethiopian Resident Charity Organization playing a pivotal role in the introduction and expansion of family planning and other sexual and reproductive health services in Ethiopia. It has been contributing to the national effort to meet the high” unmet need in the country for over half a century since 1966.
Although FGAE has been providing SRH/FP services for half a century, current evidence depicts that FGAE’s funding portfolio is heavily donor dependent
i.e the financial and institutional sustainability is among the major challenges to FGAE. Some efforts have been made to generate local income from service fees, drug sales, and trainings. But the income generated so far is very minimal.
To put FGAE on track for achieving greater self-sufficiency and enhance sustainability it needs to conduct a detailed analysis of local income generation opportunities of its current revenue streams and conduct a Feasibility Study so as to develop a viable bundle of Social Enterprise Business plans.
To this end, FGAE has developed a ToR to procure a Consultancy service for Conducting Feasibility Study and Develop a bundle of Business Plans for establishing a “Private for Public-Business wing”- of FGAE social enterprises:
- FGAE Model Medium Clinics,
- FGAE Community Pharmaceutical Retail Outlets, and
- SRH Training Institute and Special Services.
The assignment requires interested and legally registered consultancy firms (VAT registered, with tax payer’s identification number and with renewed license); with at least five years’ proven experience in conducting market assessment and developing business plans,
Consultancy firms applying for the assignment are expected to have a team with a professional mix of qualified and experienced experts in the following fields of study: MBA/MA/MSC/MPH/ in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Finance and Accounts, Pharmaceutics, Public Health, Health Facility Management, Curriculum development, M&E and related fields.
The consulting firm should include only those experts and professionals who will be available during the consultancy assignment. Each expert has to have at least three years practical experience in his/her prior engagement in similar assignments. Interested consultancy firms are expected to submit their technical and financial proposals in separately sealed and waxed envelopes within 15 calendar days starting the date of announcement of this bid.
Collection of TOR & Submission of Bid Document:
- All bidders are required to submit separate technical and financial proposals (one copy one original for each) in separately sealed and stamped envelopes at FGAE, Head Office (Addis Ababa) on or before November 23, 2020 at 12:30 (Lunch time). Bid proposal shall be accompanied by a separately sealed bid security of 1% of the bid amount in the form of CPO or bank guarantee.
- All documents with regard to firm’s profile, team composition and CV of individual team members, copy of license and taxpayers registration documents shall be attached to the technical proposal; CPO must also be attached in the technical proposal in a separately sealed envelope. Technical evaluation will take 60% while financial evaluation is accounted to 40%.
- Bid document shall be deposited to the box provided for this purpose at the address mentioned below.
- The bid will be opened on November 23 2020 at 12:30 (Lunch time) at FGAE Head Office Hall (Addis Ababa) in front of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend the opening. FGAE reserves the right to partially or fully cancel the bid.
Applicants are required to fulfill the following minimum requirement:
- They should be legally registered and shall present renewed trade license ;
- They should have VAT and TIN registration certificate;
- They should be able to provide organizational profile and the CVs of individuals who are going to take part in this consultancy service;
- They should demonstrate proven experience in facilitating, conducting market assessment and developing business plans and producing report
- They should have a mix of expertise from MBA/MA/MSC/MPH/ in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Finance and Accounts, Pharmaceutics, Public Health,
To this effect, FGAE would like to invite potential bidders/firm, with extensive and experience for consultancy service stated above and interested bidders can collect the TOR prepared for this purpose at a non-returnable fee of Birr one hundred (100.00) at FGAE main office located at the address below.
Contact address: for: For any information, doubts, bidding document
purchase, Bid delivery and opening
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE), Head Office
Debre Zeit Road, Meskerem Mazoria (Ritchie Area) 3rd floor
Tel. 251 (11) 467 2216, or 251 (11) 467 2300 (for any information, compliant, or doubts)
P.O. Box 5716, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
All Tenders are also available at www.fgae.org