Ethiopian Roads Authority
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING (CONSULTANCY SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION) FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA ETHIOPIAN ROADS AUTHORITY (ERA) SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES for
Preparation of a Safe Road Strategy
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Name of Project: Road Sector Support Project (RSSP)
- Loan/Credit No.: 5371-ET
- Reference No.: S/42/ICB/RP/IDA/2012 EFY
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Road Sector Support Project (RSSP) initiative and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consultancy Services for the Preparation of a Safe Road Strategy.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include rendering the service with due diligence and efficiency for the development of a safe road strategy to assist ERA towards ensuring a sustainable, safe and effective provision of the road network to the road users and to support the national economic development by implementing a systematic approach of maintaining, upgrading and operating road assets by combining engineering principles with sound economic rationale. The Consultant shall perform all duties associated with such tasks to ensure that only the best practice is followed and that the final product is in all aspects equal to that specified, at the most financial costs, and is executed in full compliance with the terms of reference.
The consultant is expected:
- Development of a safe road Strategy
- Preparation of Manuals
- Auditor Education and performing road safety audits
- Training and Workshop The entire assignment is expected to be completed within a period of 12 (Twelve) months after contract signing.
The Ethiopian Roads Authority now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The following criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents;
• Eligibility, Company Establishment [Technical and Managerial Organization of the firm regarding its Areas of Expertise, Core Business and Year in the Business Number and diversity of permanent personnel related to the service, Road Asset Management Specialist (Team Leader), Road Safety Engineer, Road Safety Audit Engineer, Transport Planner Expert, etc. Turnover from Consultancy Services in the Last Five years, General Experience: International experiences in planning, designing, constructing, administrating/managing transportation (traffic) and/or highway projects in the last ten years,
Specific Experience: Experience of completed service projects on road safety audit, preparation of safety manuals and guidelines, safe road management including Institutional Capacity Building of road authorities and management of road networks, other related service projects on safe road strategy, etc., in the last ten year’s. Familiarity, Knowledge, and Experience in the region (in Ethiopia and other Sub Sahara Countries) is an advantage, but not mandatory. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, (January 2011, Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. Consultants are advised to specifically indicate the type of association in their application. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Monday to Thursday, and from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in three (3) hard copies or electronically to the address below (in person, or by mail) by 4:30 PM on or before October 20, 2020.
Attn: Mr. Zekarias G/Giorgis Engineering Procurement Directorate, Director New Building Block – A, 1st Floor P. O. Box 1770 Ras Abebe Aregay Street Tel.: +251 11 515 0419 Fax: +251 11 554 4434 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiopian Roads Authority