Ethiopian Roads Authority (ERA)
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
(CONSULTANCY SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES
FOR REALIZATION AND IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT OF BEST PRACTICE ISO COMPLIANT PROCESS MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, INCLUDING AUDIT,ISO CERTIFICATIONS AND EFFECTIVE CHANGE MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Name of Project: Road Sector Support Project (RSSP)
Loan/Credit No.: 5371-ET
Reference No.: S/11/ICB/RFP/IDA/2013 EFY
The Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Road Sector Support Project (RSSP) initiative, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consultancy Services for Realization and Implementation Support of Best Practice ISO Compliant Process Management and Quality Management Systems, including Audit, ISO Certifications, and Effective Change management & Leadership.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include rendering the service with due diligence and efficiency in fully supporting the modernization and institutional transformation of ERA in integrated, standardized and modernized manner, through the development and implementation ofa holistic system and associated sub-systems, by benchmarking well recognized and proven international and national best practices. The services also involve the development of Standard Organizational Guidance/ Procedure Documents and Best-practice Technical Manuals related to Project Design, Procurement, and Construction Project Management, in alignment with and in support of the existing manuals/, provide guidelines.
The entire assignment is expected to be completed within a period of 30 (Thirty) months after contract signing
The Ethiopian Roads Authority now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The following criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents;
- Company Establishment [Technical and Managerial Organization of the firm regarding its Areas of Expertise, Core Business and Year in the Business]
- Number and diversity of permanent personnel-related the service [Team leader, Deputy Team leader/ Business Process Reform & Management Specialist, QMS (Quality Management System) Consultant – Engineering/Technical Department, EMS (Environmental Management System) Consultant, OH&SM (Occupational Health & Safety Management) Consultant, AMS (Asset Management System) Consultant, FMS (Facility Management System) Consultant Innovation and KMS (Knowledge Management System) Consultant, ICMS (Information Communication Management System) Consultants, Project Management/Contracts Specialist, Transport Engineer, etc…)
- Consultancy Services Turnover in the Last Five years
- General Experience:
- Experiences in Organization Change, design and/ or Development; Management Systems Consultancy (Development, Realization and Standardization) for Governmental/Non-Governmental/ Private Organizations, within the last ten years. International Experience in Developed Countries is an advantage.
- Additional experience in consulting services of design, supervision and technical assistance of Transport Infrastructure Projects (Roads/Highways, Railways) is an advantage.
- Specific Experience (within the last ten years):
- Experience in Consulting services for organization design or reforming/restructuring of road/ railway sector organizations/agencies or institutional capacity building of road transport agencies/authorities; -Experience in Integrated Management System (IMS) Standards Realization, Development, Training, Integration, and Implementation/ Implementation Support and Auditing in Roads/Railways Transport Agencies/Authorities;
- Experience in Best Practice and/or International Standards Organization (ISO) Compliant Process Management and Quality Management Systems realization (i.e. experiences with at-least three (3) Management system Standards Integrated with QMS-ISO 9001).
- Experience in Establishment/ development of Technical Manuals/ Specifications/Standards/ Guidelines related to Road/ Highway design, construction or maintenance; for road/highway agencies or for “Transport/Road Research Agencies”.
- Experience in any of the above-consulting services for Agencies/ Authorities incorporated in “Developed countries”.
- Familiarity, Knowledge, and Experience in the region (in Ethiopia and other Sub Sahara Countries) is an advantage, but not mandatory.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines:
Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World bank Borrowers. (January 2011, Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. Consultants are advised to specifically indicate the type of association in their application.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Monday to Thursday, and from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in three (3) hard copies or electronically to the address below (in person, or by mail) by 4:30 PM on or before December 31, 2020.
Attn: Mr. Zekarias G/Giorgis
Engineering Procurement Directorate, Director
New Building Block – A, 1st Floor
P. O. Box 1770
Ras Abebe Aregay Street
Tel.: +251 11 515 0419,
Fax: +251 11 554 4434
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiopian Roads Authority