Ethiopian Investment Commission
Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids Non-Consulting Services
Employer: Ethiopian Investment Commission
- Project: Economic Opportunities Program
- Contract title: Service Provider for the pilot program linking refugees with jobs in Ethiopia
- Country: Ethiopia
- Credit No.: P163829
- RFB No: ET-EIC-203513-NC-RFP
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Economic Opportunities Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Service Provider for the pilot program linking refugees with jobs in Ethiopia.
- The Ethiopian Investment Commission, Economic Opportunities Program now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Service Provider for the pilot program linking refugees with jobs in Ethiopia in Assosa and Jigjiga. The key objective of this pilot program is to enroll and assist as many refugees (‘jobseekers’) as possible to start and sustain jobs within the budget available. Among others, the bidders are required to fulfill the following qualification requirements: (i) experience in Services of a similar nature and size for the last 5 years, (i) minimum required annual volume of $4.3 million (USD Four Million Three Hundred Thousand in the last five years, (iii) Demonstrate that the bidder executed at least two employment (or related) services contracts assisting vulnerable jobseekers, of similar (or greater) scale and complexity as this contract during the last 5 years, and (iv) minimum amount of $1,000,000 (USD one million) as liquid assets and/or credit facilities net of other contractual commitments. Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) will be applied for the selection of the qualified and experienced bidder. The contract implementation will run for 27 months from the effective date of the contract.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services of July 1, 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Ethiopian Investment Commission, Economic Opportunities Program and inspect the bidding document during office hours from 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM and 2:00-5:00 PM local time from Monday to Thursday and from 8.30-11:30 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local time on Friday at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 200.00 or in any equivalent convertible currency. The method of payment will be in Certified Payment Order (CPO) or Cash. The Bidding Documents will be issued in-person to those delegated by the bidder or by email.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before March 12, 2021, at 2:00 PM. In addition to the standard provision of submission of bids, Bidders are permitted to submit their bid (i) through their embassy. (ii) through local agent/representative or (ii) submission by electronic email (EM) in view of COVID 19 pandemic in accordance with the procedures detailed in the bidding document. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below March 12, 2021, at 2:30 PM (immediately after the bid submission deadline).
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
- The address (es) referred to above are:
Ethiopian Investment Commission, Economic Opportunities Program,
Bole Road around Olympia,
Attn: Betseit Sisay, Program Director, or kahsay G/egziabher
Procurement Specialist, 4th floor, Room No. 405,
Tel. No. +25191345612/0911413417
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.