Ethiopia Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY TO FACILITATE THE
STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS OF
ETHIOPIAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION
The Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) was established as an autonomous organ of the Federal Government through to the Proclamation No. 210/2000, as amended by Proclamation No.1224/2020. As part of the reform process, the Establishment Proclamation 210/2000 has been amended in August 2020 providing the legal framework for the planned reform. Furthermore, the last strategic plan (2008-2012 E.C.) of the Commission came to an end in 2012 E.C. making the timing for a strategic planning process most appropriate. EHRC is thus recruiting a team of consultants to facilitate the Strategic Planning through a participatory process.
All interested team of consultant(s)/firms should meet the following criteria:
- Be composed of experts with track-record experience and expertise in the following: a) strategic planning; b),human rights, gender and vulnerable groups’ rights; c) conducting research using participatory approach. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Be registered as an official company/firm in Ethiopia and in possession of full registration documents and TIN certificate;
- Have a valid tax clearance form;
- An organizational profile containing evidence (at least 2 references/proof attached) of similar work done within the last 3 years:
- Technical proposal outlining their understanding of the TOR, a process description based on the method paper to be collected from EHRC, the workplan with timeframe, and how the consultant(s)/company meets the selection criteria;
- Financial proposal with the itemized costs for the work covering professional fees and taxes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in Amharic and English
- Interested consultants can take the Bid documents, including TOR from its Head Office at Addis Ababa during office hours starting from the date of this announcement for seven working days.
- Interested applicants must submit their technical and financial proposals in English in two separately sealed envelopes to the Finance and Procurement Directorate of EHRC by 2 pm on 11th of January 2021. Applicants are required to submit copies of license, VAT, supplier registration, etc., together with their financial proposal.
- Only registered firms/companies will be considered.
- EHRC reserve the right to reject any or all bids.
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
Kasanchis, Next to Sugar Corporation
Tel: 091 123 3820
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia