Ethiopian Electric Utility
INVITATION FOR BID
THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
ETHIOPIAN ELECTRIC UTILITY
PROGRAM PROJECT PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
UNIVERSAL ELECTRICITY ACCESS PROGRAM
Ethiopian Electrification Program (ELEAP) Project
Procurement of Low Voltage Aerial Bundled Cables Loan No./Credit No./Grant No: IDA-6157 & IDA-6158 Tender No: Lot-6, WB EEU-UEAP/6/2020-2021(ICB Framework Agreement) Procurement of low voltage aerial bundled cables.
The Federal Government of Ethiopia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Ethiopia Electrification Program (ELEAP) project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payment under call-off contract that may be awarded under the Framework Agreement for the procurement of low voltage aerial bundled cables.
Tendering will be conducted through International competitive bidding (ICB) and is open to all eligible Bidders. The purchaser is undertaking the procurement with a view to concluding a Framework Agreement.
- The Ethiopian Electric Utility (EEU) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply of low voltage aerial bundled cables.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents during office hours (i.e. from 08:00 to 17:00 hours) at the address given below.
- Ethiopia Electric Utility PPM-UEAP, Project Procurement, Logistics, Warehouse and Facilities Office
Berges Building 3rd floor
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3. A complete set of the Bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested Bidders from the addresses above upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Birr 4,000.00(Four Thousand Birr only) starting from 23 November, 2020.
4. The Framework Agreement to be concluded will be single-Supplier.
5. The Framework Agreement to be concluded will be single-User. The single-User entitled to purchase under The Framework Agreement is Ethiopia Electric Utility Project Portfolio Management UEAP.
6. The Framework Agreement SHALL BE CONCLUDED for a term of 3(Three) years from the commencement date stated in the Framework Agreement.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address above on or before 7 January, 2021 at 14:00 hour local time. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidder’s representative who choose to attend in person. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders designated representative and anyone who chooses to attend at EEU PPM-UEAP office near Iribekentu Bridge, Berges Building 5th Floor EEU PPMUEAP Meeting hall on 7 January, 2021 at 14:30 hour local time.
8. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security and it shall be unconditional Bank guarantee from a reputable Bank and must be counter guaranteed by any Bank operating in Ethiopia and it remains valid for a period of Twenty Eights (28) days beyond he original bid validity period. The amount and currency of the bid security shall be USD 276,000.00 (United States Dollar Two Hundred Seventy Six Thousand only).
9. The Ethiopia Electric Utility Project Portfolio Management Universal Electricity access program reserves the right to reject all or part of this bid.
ETHIOPIAN ELECTRIC UTILITY PROJECT PORTFOLIO
MANAGEMENT UNIVERSAL ELECTRICITY ACCESS PROGRAM