Ethiopian Electric Power
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
- Country: Ethiopia
- Name of Project: Electricity Network Reinforcement and Expansion Project (ENREP) (Additional Financing)
- Credit No.: IDA-58140
- Assignment Title: To Update Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) for LOT-1: Metu-Mesha 230 kV Single Circuit Transmission Line
- Reference No.: ET-EEP-208130-CS-COS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia called “Borrower” has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) (the “Bank”) in the form of a credit hereinafter called credit toward the cost of Electricity Network Reinforcement and Expansion Project (Additional Financing). The Ethiopian Electric Power, an implementing agency of the Client, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this credit to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Expression of Interest /REOI/to Update the 2016 ESIA for
- Lot-1 Metu-Mesha 230 KV Single Circuit Transmission Line. The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- i. To review existing Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Report that was prepared for the project in 2016, and other related E&S documents of the project;
- ii. To assess and identify the gaps in baseline data establishment, environmental impacts identification, analysis of alternatives, and environmental management and mitigation plan with emphasis to forest areas in the TML, Masha substation and related project ancillary activities;
- iii. To identify and assess potential environmental, social as well as Health and Safety impacts of the project, at current condition, and recommend mitigation measures. Thus, prepare ESLA for the proposed project activities including TML, substations as well as ancillary activities) along with all relevant associated environmental and social instruments like Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP)/ Forest Management Plan, etc.
- iv. To develop/Prepare an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP), Forest Management Plan and other management strategy implementation plans, including Biodiversity conservation and management plan (BCMP), Pubic and Occupational Health and Safety Management Plan (POHSP), Emergency preparedness and response plan (EPRP), etc.
- V. The Consultant shall ensure that the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) comply with and meet the legal and technical requirements of the Government of Ethiopia and the World Bank.
- vi. The Consultant shall ensure that all beneficial and adverse E&S impacts associated with construction and operation of the Lot I: Metu-Masha TML project, including all ancillary works and linked activities, are assessed and taken into account.
The Ethiopian electric Power now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
- General Qualification
- Relevant Experience specific to the assignment
- The firm shall be licensed to undertake environmental and social related studies
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Qualifications (CQS ) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday 08:00 AM to 5:00 PM local time. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by e-mail until 31 December 2020, 4:00 p.m. local time.
Attention to: Kefyalew Mergiya, Director, Procurement
K Kare Center, Mexico Square, First Floor
PO Box 15881
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel.: +251-115-580597 / 0781
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP)