Ethiopian Electric Power
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Name of Project: Electricity Network
Reinforcement and Expansion Project (ENREP) (Additional Financing)
Credit No.: IDA-58140
Assignment Title: To prepare an Addendum
Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) to 2016
RAP and Livelihood Restoration & Special Support Plan (LRP) For
LOT-I: Metu-Mesha 230 KV Single Circuit Transmission Line
Reference No.: ET-EEP-208129-CS-COS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia called “Borrower” has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) (the “Bank”) in the form of a credit hereinafter called credit toward the cost of Electricity Network Reinforcement and Expansion Project (Additional Financing). The Ethiopian Electric Power, an implementing agency of the Client, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this credit to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Expression of Interest/REOI/ to Prepare an Addendum RAP to the 2016 RAP and Develop Livelihood Restoration and Special Support Plan for Lot-1 Metu-Mesha 230 kV Single Circuit Transmission Line. The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- i. Review existing Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) report that was prepared for the project in 2016, and other related E&S documents of the project;
- ii. Review updated ESIA findings, baseline data, and recommendations to have a clear ground for the preparation safeguard instruments RAP and related LRP.
- iii. Thus, prepare RAP addendum for the proposed project activities (including TML, substations as well as ancillary and associated facilities), based on the project’s RPF; and findings and recommendation of updated ESIA.
- iv. Develop/prepare a Livelihood Restoration and another special support plan (LRP) based on the scope of impact and vulnerability level identified in the updated ESIA report.
- V. The Consultant shall ensure that the updated Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) and Livelihood Restoration Plan (LRP) outputs of this assignment comply with and meet the legal and technical requirements of the Government of Ethiopia and the World Bank
- vi. The Consultant shall ensure that all beneficial and adverse impacts associated with the construction and operation of the Lot 1: Metu-Masha TML project, including all ancillary works and linked activities, are assessed and taken into account.
The Ethiopian Electric Power now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services
The shortlisting criteria are:
- General Qualification
- Relevant experience specific to the assignment
The firm shall be licensed undertake environmental and social related studies attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the
Consultant’s Qualifications (CAS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday 08:00 AM to 5:00 PM local time. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by e-mail until 31st December 2020, 4:00 p.m. local time.
Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP)
Attention to: Kefyalew Mergiya, Director of Procurement
K Kare Center, Mexico Square, First Floor
PO Box 15881
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel.: +251-115-580597 / 0781
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org