Ethiopian Construction Project Management Institute (ECPMI)
NOTICE OF INVITATION TO BID
(National Competitive Bidding)
Procurement Reference No: ECPMU Conso11/2013EFY
- The Ethiopian Construction Project Management Institute (ECPMI) is a Federal Government Institute established with the objective of ensuring the effective implementation of the Country’s short and long-term construction programs and projects through building the National Construction Project Management Capacity.
- . ECPMI has allocated sufficient funds and intends to procure “Assessment of Construction Professionals and Companies Capacity Gap and Development of working systems to address the identified gaps as per the approved Construction Industry Capacity Building Framework (CICBF)”
- The consultancy service of which the details are in the bidding document prepared for the services which include strengthening competitiveness of the construction industry, and creating enabling environment for those actors and professionals of the sector, building the capacity of contractors, consulting organizations, micro and medium size construction enterprises as well as fulfilling the industry’s human resource need in terms of quality, quantity and skill level. To this end, the gaps within the construction industry in terms of construction professionals, companies, input materials and technologies shall be identified and implementation plans and working systems prepared.
- . ECPMI now invites eligible bidders, which fulfill the following requirements, to submit sealed bids for the subject of procurement stated above:
i. The Bidder shall provide such evidence of their eligibility in the form of at least 3 (Three) Certificates of satisfactory execution of contracts provided by contracting parties to the contracts successfully completed in the course of the past 5 (Five) years with a budget of at least 500,000.00 ETB total sum contract value.
iiThe Bidder shall provide such evidence of their financial stability in the form of three most recent balance sheets, three most recent income statement and three most recent financial audit report from authorized auditor.
iii The bidders shall provide appropriate documentary evidence demonstrating its legal status and eligibility, which shall include:
- Renewed Business license for the year 2013E.C. and Business registration certificate
- VAT registration certificate issued by the tax authority
- Registration as supplier in the list of the mandated public body, Public Procurement Administration agency and
- Recognized universities or other consultancy bodies with updated consultancy licenses.
5. The time for completion of the assignment is 9 months
6. The bids will be evaluated in accordance with the Public Procurement and Property Administration Proclamation of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. Participation is open to all eligible bidders.
7. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from ECPMI and inspect the bidding document at the address given below during working hours from 8:30A.M to 12:30P.M and 1: 30P.M to 3: O0P.M from Monday to Thursday and 8:30 AM to 11:30 P.M and 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM on Fridays
8. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders at the address below within 10 working days from the date of the announcement in the newspaper and Public Procurement and Property Administration website upon payment of a non-returnable fee 100 ETB. The method of payment shall be in cash
9. Evaluation of the bid is to be carried out in two stages technical qualification will be evaluated first followed by financial evaluation. Bidders shall submit to envelops, “Technical Proposal, bid security and Application letter” in one envelop and Financial Proposal” in another envelop. The two envelops shall be sealed in an outer envelope stating the project name and procurement number. Two copies of the proposals shall be submitted accordingly clearly marked as copies.
10. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before January 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 1% of submitted bid amount. Late submissions will be rejected. Technical proposals and bid security of the bidders will be opened in the presence of bidder representatives who chose to attend at the address below on January 11, 2021 at 2:30 PM.
11. Address for document inspection and inquiries: 7h floor
Ato Jijo Jote Tel +251115575639, Address for bid delivery and opening: 6 floor Ato Asebe Kebede Tel +251115575633.
ADDRESS: Hansem Office Park 7th floor Africa Avenue, Bole Road
Telephone: +251115575635, +251115575639. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
ETHIOPIAN CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (ECPMI)