Ethiopia Coffe and Tea Authority
Invitation for Expression of Interest (Eol)
Procurement Reference No. EOI/ECTA/02/2020
Ethiopian Coffee & Tea Authority, ECTA has confirmed a capital budget from the FDRE Ministry of Finance and intends to apply part of this budget for the cost of Consultancy Service that consists of the study, design & supervision of maintenance and renovation work head office block & its adjoining compound located at Mexico Square, Addis Ababa.
The Ethiopian Coffee & Tea Authority now invites Category III and above Consulting Architects & Engineers to indicate their interest in providing the service to submit sealed expressions of interest for the aforementioned consultancy service at its main office.
ECTA is a governmental organization working on improving the country’s product and productivity of Coffee, Tea & Spices both in quantity and quality and increasing supply of these products to the global market for foreign currency earnings in order to confirm the benefits of farmers & stakeholders in the sector at a highest level Head office of ECTA building (usually known as Coffee and Tea) is situated around Mexico Square, Addis Ababa has served long years so that it needs general maintenance and renovation works. Hence, ECTA has planned to maintain the entire existing defects in the short term plan. Besides, wants to change the working atmosphere by fascinatingly transforming its ergonomics and aesthetic value through a renovation on a long-term basis.
2) Objective of the consultancy service
The objective of this consultancy assignment is to study, design & supervise maintenance and renovation works of ECTA’s head office block & its adjoining compound.
3) Key tasks of the assignment
- There is no working drawing in the office. Therefore, the consultant shall prepare all working drawings AR (including interior design & 3D), ST, SN, EL & EM, from existing structures for maintenance as well as renovation work.
- Study all the defects of AR, ST, SN, EL & EM (electromechanical equipment’s) and prepare a rectification measure, Study all the renovation works of AR, ST, SN, EL & EM (electromechanical equipment’s)
- Preparing design, design document, bill of quantity & specification of all maintenance works for current use
- Prepare design, design document, bíll of quantity & specification of all renovation works for future use, contract
- Supervision & administration of maintenance works,
4) Minimum requirements expected from interested bidders
Interested consultants (bidders) must provide legal qualification information including that they are qualified to perform the services, (brochures submitted by the consultants summarizing their facilities and areas of expertise, description of similar assignments, having an experience of at least 5years and above in similar assignment, submission of evidence showing that the consulting firm executed at least 3 works of type having the same nature and complexity, availability of appropriate skills among staff, administrative strength and financial capability)
- The above information will be used to short list three to seven (3-7), capable consultants, to participate in the services. Expressions of interest will be evaluated in accordance with the Public Procurement& Property Administration Proclamation of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at address below during working hours Morning form 8:30 A.M. -12:30 P.M. & after noon 1:30 P.M. – 5:30 P.M. Monday to Friday
- Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered to ECTA office until 16th working day before 10:00 A.M. from the 1st date of announcement. Late submissions shall be rejected.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) must be delivered to the following address.
Ethiopian Coffee & Tea Authority
Finance and Procurement Directorate.
Mexico Square , ‘Coffee and Tea’ Building
9th Floor Office number 903.
Kirkos Sub City, Woreda 6
Telephone: 0115314016 or 0115314113 Addis Ababa,