Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Agricultural Transformation Agency
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
(CONSULTANT SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Consultancy Service for “ VOICE TALENT TO 8028 IVR /SMS CONTENT RECORD
PACKAGE Ref. No: ATA-NCB-CON-2020-0010
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is an initiative of the Government of Ethiopia (GoE), established by federal regulation as a catalyst for positive, transformational, and sustainable change. The primary aim of the Agency is to promote agricultural sector transformation by supporting the existing structures of government, private section, and other non-governmental partners to address systemic bottlenecks in delivering on priority national agendas for achieving growth and food security. The ATA functions as a high-level problem solving organization, providing strategic implementation supports to all key players in the agricultural value chain.
ATA is seeking to employ a service provider to support and manage the translation, recording, editing, and uploading of the audio files to the 8028 Farmers Hotline, which will be later disseminated to smallholder farmers (SHFs), DA and other influences through the automated system. Since the 8028 Farmers Hotline consists of five local languages, interested firms should be able to provide the recording service in the following languages Amharic, Tigriga. Afan Oromo, Sidamigna and Wolaitigna.
Scope of the Assignment
The ATA would like to hire a service provider that has experience working with IVR/ SMS systems in translating, recording, editing and uploading content in these types of systems. The firm should have previous experience of mapping multiple files to IVR/SMS platforms. The selected firm will be responsible for translating the main content of the 8028/ IVR into regional languages by including locally known terms to some of the technical expressions in the IVR Amharic version. Thus, having regional offices in the selected Amhara, Oromia, Tigray and SNNPRS regions or building strong networks would certainly benefit the consulting firm in getting the main IVR contents developed by ATA to be translated into different languages with better local colour in a short time interval.
The scope of this service includes:
- Translate and Record Agricultural Advisory messages and IVR menu prompt texts to 5 local languages namely Amharic, Tigrigna, Afan-Oromo, Sidamigna, and Wolaitigna. Text will be provided in Amharic language. (Translate to 4 languages and record in 5 languages) . Audio files shall be recorded using Female professional voice talent
- Edit recorded audio files. Check for voice quality and audibility,
- Build (construct) 1500 audio files from previously recorded audio messages. Audio file to be constructed will be in one of the 5 languages mentioned above,
- All recordings should be compatible with Dialogic ADPCM and Wave Audio formats
- After recording and editing, all audio recording should be assigned with specially identified file names. Provide the edited audio files together with the translated contents via document form to ATA 8028 Farmer Hotline project team for approval on the quality of sound recordings, and make corrections or re-record the contents when they are identified as unfit for the 8028 Farmers Hotline system in terms of sound quality.
- Create mapping tables on the MySQL database. Each entry in the database shall correspond to a specific message and file location on 8028 system;
- Uploading the IVR content record to the system as per mapping requirements after the 8028 IVR team gave the go-ahead.
- Coordinate and support the 8028 Farmers Hotline team after the content has been uploaded to the 8028 Farmers Hotline to make adjustments for misplaced content, low audible content, or errors that have occurred when configuring the files with the system.
General Objective of the Service
The objective of this service is to provide and support the 8028 Farmers Hotline in recording, translating, editing and uploading agronomic content and other messages in different local languages. The 8028 Farmers Hotline content is amended annually based on the recommendation of MoA and crop experts of ATA and the content should reach the SHF and other targets of the system in the selected languages whereby the system uses
- Provide translation service on annually updated 8028 IVR content in four local languages: Afaan Oromo, Tigrigna, Wolaitinga and Sidamigna using language experts from the locals.
- Provide a professional voice talent for recording service of the translated IVR content using local presenters taken from the locals within.
- Provide the voice service seasonally and occasionally, for example during the occurrence of any crop diseases, major meteorological events, and /or specially designated alerts.
- Translating, recording and editing alert messages and supporting the 8028 Farmers Hotline team in disseminating push messages.
- Translation, recording and editing of designed audio messages for A/B test experiments.
- Translation, recording and editing Rain Fed, Irrigation, Livestock, Nutrition, Meteorological IVR Content in five languages.
ATA now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The shortlisting criteria are: Core business and Experience of the firm in the field, Qualifications & Competence of the Key Professional Staff, and Technical and Managerial Organization of the firm, The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Public Procurement Manual of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, setting forth the Public Body’s policy on conflict of interest. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Public Procurement Manual.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hour 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday.
Expression of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, on or before 10:00 AM, 20 October 2020 and will be opened on 10:30 AM on the same date and place.
Address of the implementing Agency for clarification and submission
Attention to: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA), Procurement Team Office
Street: Bole, Off Meskel flower road, New building adjacent to school of commerce students association, Sterling Building 7th floor
Tel. +251-115-570678/85, 0978459825, 0911827238
E-mail; Bereket. Assefa@ata.gov.et, Melaku.Getahun@ata.gov.et,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia