Oromia Roads Authority
NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR RE-BID
(Procurement Reference Number: ESZRA 002 (ReBid)
- The Oromia Roads Authority has allocated a budget towards the cost of the accomplishment of the remaining work of the Bridge Construction Project and intends to apply part of this budget to payments under this project. The Bridge name, location, span Length, amount of bid security, Minimum Annual construction turnover (ACT), and the total period of construction including the required mobilization time, for this Bridge project, is indicated in the following table.
- The East Shoa zone Roads Authority (ESHZRA) acting as the executing agency for the project, invites eligible bidders for the construction of 30m span length of Box girder and approach roads on both sides.
Span Length (M)
Period of execution of the work
Minimum Require Period of execution the work
Peak Annual Construction Turn over (ACT)
Tebo River bridge
- The East Shoa Zone Roads Authority (ESZRA) now invites eligible bidders to submit sealed bids for providing the necessary labor, material, and equipment for the remaining construction works of the above Bridge.
- Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence: The bidders shall have a certificate of competency from Oromia Construction bureau or Ministry of Federal Construction with Category; GC-4 /RC-3&abovefor this bridge project renewed for the bidding period (2013EC) and other appropriate documentary evidence demonstrating the bidder’s compliance, which shall include:
- I.Trade License renewed for bid period (2013 EC) and Commercial Registration
- Certificate from authorized bodies.
- II. VAT & Taxpayer Identification Certificate issued by the tax authority,
- III. Tax Clearance certificate issued from the Tax Authority (Inland Revenue Authority) which allows the bidder to participate in public tenders at the date of the deadline for bid submission.
- IV.Evidence of/Being/ Registered at Ethiopian Public Procurement and Property Administration Agency (PPPAA) Supplier list currently.
5. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures and is open to all eligible domestic bidders as specified and defined in the bidding document.
6. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, including a complete set of Engineering Drawings which is necessary for bidding purpose, at the address given below at office working hours. A complete set of bidding documents prepared in the English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and a nonrefundable fee of ETB 500.00 (Five hundred Birr only) for this Bridge Project effective from the first date of announcement up to 21working Days. The method of payment shall be in cash to the East Shoa Zone finance & Economic development office.
7. Bidders can apply for this bridges project and shall submit their bid;
1. Submission and opening of the bid; (East Shoa Zone Finance and Economic Development office)
- A. The deadline of bid (both qualification and financial offers independently) submission shall be on or before 2:00 PM of the 22nd working day of the bid starting from the date of announcement shall be placed in a sealed
- B. The original and copies of the qualification document shall be placed in a sealed envelope marked as “Qualification Document” and whole (original, copy-1 ©-2) envelopes shall be placed in a large outer envelope and wax sealed. This outer envelope shall bear the submission address and Other information (Employer’s name and Address project name, bidder’s name and address, indicated in the data Sheet and be Cleary marked “TO BE OPENED ONLY IN THE PRESENCE OF TENDER COMMITTEE”
- C. The original and copy of the financial offer documents shall be placed in a sealed envelope marked as THE FINANCIAL OFFER DOCUMENT and whole (original, copy-1 ©-2) envelopes shall be placed in a large outer envelope and wax sealed,
- This outer envelope shall bear the submission address and other information (Employer’s name and address, project name, bidder’s name and address) indicated on the datasheet and is clearly marked as “TO BE OPENED ONLY IN THE PRESENCE OF TENDER COMMITTEE”.
- D. The bid security (CPO) should be seal by its own envelope separately.
- E. Finally, the Technical, Financial and Bid security (CPO) documents shall be placed in a single wax-sealed envelope whose outer cover containing all necessary information mentioned above.
- F. In preparing the bid document bidders are expected to examine the bid data in the tender document.
- G. The qualification document will be opened at 2:30 PM on the 22nd working day of the bid starting from the date of the announcement.
- H. The financial offer document shall remain sealed and deposited in a box prepared for this purpose in the presence of the auditor or any other authorized body by the client, until financial offer(s) of qualified bidders are opened publicly.
- I. The committee assigned by the client will evaluate the qualification of the bidders based on the basis of their responsiveness to the bid document, by applying the evaluation criterion, sub-criterion, and points assigned to the criterion in the datasheet. Each qualification document will be given a score point. A bidder will be rejected at this stage if it does not respond to the tender document or fails to achieve the minimum technical score indicated in the tender document.
- J. Only financial offers of those bidders who score the minimum qualifying point, 70% (Seventy percent) & above will be opened on the financial opening date. The financial opening of the bidders who have scored less than the minimum passing point (i.e. 70%) will be returned unopened. The client shall address the financial opening date and time to the bidders
- K. Any attempt of submission forged (false) document and /or indication of financial offer on the qualification document shall result in rejection of the bid.
- L. The client shall not bear any responsibility for misplacement of “Qualification Document” in “The financial offer Document” envelope or vice versa, which result in rejection of the bidder.
8. Any contractor who has a termination history with the Bureau or Zonal Offices and other regional or Zonal reject those contractors during technical evaluation.
9. The Validity of the bid shall be 90 days from the date of bid opening. And must be accompanied with a bid security of two hundred thousand (200,000) ETH birr in the form of CPO only, which is addressed to East Shoa Zone Roads Authority.
10. The construction of the work shall be completed within a maximum of 365 calendar days from the commencement date of the work.
11. East Shoa Zone Roads Authority reserves the right to reject any bid and to annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time, Without thereby incurring any liability to Bidders.
East Shoa Zone Roads Authority
Tel. 0222114933/0221120699, East Shoa Zone Finance and Cooperation Office