SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
FOR NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
Date:-04 May 2021
BMZ Project Number: – 201167006
Construction Procurement Ref No:- BoLANRD/DRSLP/KfW-Sdr/NCB/W01/2021
1. The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received Financing from KfW Development Bank, A German Financial Cooperation with Ethiopia, towards Regional Fund for Improving Drought Resilience in Ethiopia. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this fund will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the Procurement of Construction of
- LOT -I Eyuha Gravity Weir Dam in Siyaro Kebele and Adigino Micro Dam Adigino Kebele of Elidaar woreda, Afar National Regional State in Ethiopia.
2. The Bureau of Livestock, Agriculture & Natural Resources Development now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders (contractors) having WWC Category 1 or GC Category 2 Trade License and above for the delivery of the works.
Project Measures: The purpose of the project is to strengthen the production systems of the pastoralists and agro-pastoralists, to increase their income and diversify their livelihoods thus contributing to enhancing the drought resilience of communities in selected cross-border regions in the arid and semi-arid lands (ASALS).
The project is implemented in Afar and Somali regions and is organized into three main components; (1) Water Resource Development and Rural Infrastructure, (2) Improvement of Rangelands and fodder production, and (3) Alternative Livelihood Initiatives and Basic Service Development. Requested Works: The Construction weir dam and micro dam will contribute to Component 1: Water Resources Development and Rural Infrastructure. The contractor will Construct LOT I Eyuha Gravity Weir Dam in Siyaro Kebele and Adigino Micro Dam Adigino Kebele of Elidaar woreda of Afar National Governmental State.
3. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect a copy of the bidding document at the office address given below in the morning from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM and in the afternoon from 9:00 PM to 6:00 PM Monday to Friday
4. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 350,00 (Three Hundred Fifty) or it is equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
5. Bids must be delivered to the office on or before 10:00 AM (04:00 AM local time) on 03 June 2021 and must be accompanied by a bid security in the amount ETB 250,000.00(Two hundred Fifty Thousand) or it’s equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
6. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 10:30 AM (04:30 AM local time) on the same date of closing, 03 June 2021 at the Address below;
Afar National Regional State,
Bureau of Livestock, Agriculture & Natural
Resources Development (BoLANRD)
Procurement, Finance and Property
Administration Support Process First Floor,
Samara, Afar Region
Afar National Regional State