Afar N.R.State Bureau of Livestock, Agriculture & Natural Resources Development (BOLAND)
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
FOR NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
Date: 10 Sept 2020
BMZ Projec: Number: – 201167006
Construction Procurement Ref. No: – BoLANRD
1. The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received Financing from KfW Development Bank, A German Financial Cooperation with Ethiopia, towards Regional Fund for Improving Drought Resilience in Ethiopia. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this fund will be applied to eligible payments ur der the contract for the Procurement of Construction of Access Roads in Elidaar woreda of Afar National Regional State in Ethiopia.
2. The Bureau of Livestock, Agriculture & Natural Resources Development now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders (contractors) having RC/GC Category 2 Trade License and above for the delivery of the works. Project Measures:- The purpose of the project is to strengthen the production systems of the pastoralists and agro-pastoralists, to increase their income and diversify their livelihoods thus contributing to enhance the drought resilience of communities in selected cross-border regions in the arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs).
The project is implemented in Afar and Somali regions and is organized in three main components;
- Water Resource Development and Rural Infrastructure,
- Improvement of Rangelands and fodder production and
- Alterative Livelihood Initiatives and Basic Service Development
Requested Works: The Construction Rural Roads will contribute to the Component 1: Water Resources Development and Rural Infrastructure. The contractor will Construct 22 km Access Road Elidar to Siyaro kebele in Elidaar wereda of Afar National Governmental State.
3. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect copy of the bidding document at the office address given below in the morning from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM and in the afternoon from 9:00 PM to 6:00 PM Monday to Friday
4. Accomplete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 350.00 (Three Hundred Fifty ) or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
5. Bids must be delivered to the office on or before 10:00 AM (04:00 AM local time) on 08 October 2020 and must be accompanied by a bid security in the amount ETB 200,000.00(Two Hundred Thousand) or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
6. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives. who choose to attend at 10:30 AM (04:30 AM local time) on the same date of clothing, 08 October 2020 at the Address below;
Afar National Regional State, Bureau of Livestock,
Agriculture & Natural Resources Development (BOLANRD)
Procurement, Finance and Property Administration
First Floor, Room No.01,
Samara, Afar Region